Is it just me or do you guys find a lot of what you listen to is catchy?

Catchiness is obviously subjective; I find most of the music I listen to catchy or else I probably wouldn't listen to it.

Wow catchy is such a weird word

Some Depressive Black Metal songs are catchy, else i am not listening to any catchy stuff recently.

I always define catchy as how easily it gets stuck in your head. I have trouble finding slam death as catchy as people say it is, but I've gotten Noise music stuck in my head from time to time.

Merriam Webster defines "catchy" as:

1 a: tending to catch the interest or attention <a catchy title> b: easily retained in the memory <a catchy melody>

Alot of metal I listen to can be described as catchy if we go by this definition, extreme or not. Of course heavy metal, power metal and alike are catchy but alot of the more extreme stuff is as well. In black metal we have Darkthrone, Burzum and Dark Funeral for example (Hail Murder is, as someone already said, ridiculously catchy). In death metal alot of the more melodic bands are catchy but even some of the more extreme ones. Nile usually produces some catchy choruses on each cd ("black seeds of vegeance" and "as he creates, so he destroys" for example).

I have trouble finding slam death as catchy as people say it is

It's catchier, but only to an extent IMO. The simplicity of the riffs and the relatively strong beat definitely make it so, but the song structures still often deviate from the standard radio-friendly verse-chorus style, and the fact that many classic and power metal bands stick closer to that formula is part of what makes them catchier (aside from having words you can more easily sing along to, of course). Because of that, I can get individual slam death riffs in my head pretty quickly, but not necessarily whole songs.

I always define catchy as how easily it gets stuck in your head. I have trouble finding slam death as catchy as people say it is, but I've gotten Noise music stuck in my head from time to time.

True. Got Merzbow - 1930 sounding in my head right now.