Bands of the V

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
I have a question to Mr V about all the bands he is in, How do you keep up with 5 different bands at a time? It must be very hectic and music ideas must run low sometimes, most musicians focus on one band at a time.......... but it is true musicians are some of the most non lazy people on earth.

-Brom

I noticed that many scandinavian musicians (especially finnish) participate in several bands at once, it's a sort of scandinavian feature. That's because the countries are rather compact and cities are small, so it's easy to communicate and exchange ideas. I think it's much cooler than in Moscow when it takes 1,5 hour to get to a fellow-musician that lives in some distant place in the city...

Alteredmindeath said:
I have a question to Mr V about all the bands he is in, How do you keep up with 5 different bands at a time? It must be very hectic and music ideas must run low sometimes, most musicians focus on one band at a time.......... but it is true musicians are some of the most non lazy people on earth.

-Brom
I have so many musical ideas I want to explore, and as they are quite different in structure and atmosphere they wouldn't fit under one band, so therefore I participate i several bands and projects!!

mr V

yeah... I mean you have yet to explore the wonders of samba-metal! :D
fun.gif
dansari.gif

and you know the rapper Master P? you could be Master V!
brosandiogsvalur.gif

yeah.gif
respect.gif
fokkju.gif
dj.gif

or maybe it would be a career
footinmouth.txt.gif
skrifaundir.gif
Skull_anim.gif
crazy.gif
for you... so you just keep on
band.gif
metal.gif
+
opera.gif
while
baby.gif

*cough*

ehm...
blaicon15.gif
don´t believe everything that comes out of my mouth!
skamm.gif

ze germanz Running Wild already did ze pirate metool zing...

Running wild is not Pirate metal.
They are a heavy metal band with lyrics about pirates.
I'm talking about pirate metal that sound like Summoning but with a pirate feeling to it.

Grim_Reaper said:
I noticed that many scandinavian musicians (especially finnish) participate in several bands at once, it's a sort of scandinavian feature. That's because the countries are rather compact and cities are small, so it's easy to communicate and exchange ideas. I think it's much cooler than in Moscow when it takes 1,5 hour to get to a fellow-musician that lives in some distant place in the city...

Absolutely!!!

Do you honestly believe it's easier because of that? Just remember that the cities are much smaller and so you also have a smaller number of ppl (= possible musicans) to choose from. And take a look at a map of Scandinavia and its Northern parts.....those towns and cites are often not that close to each other either. The density of population is quite low there, if I remember correctly 85 % of the population lives in the Southern third of Sweden (total population around 9 million I believe - how many does Moscow have?). I don't believe that explains this "phenomenon" if we can call it that way. I've read about various theories, ranging from the educational system over "nothing better to do in so much cold and darkness" to a supportive government (the latter probably being a reason from older days ;-)) - maybe it's a combination of all these factors. I haven't a clue. And I think I got a little lost here now, for a moment I forgot what the hell the topic of this thread was :rolleyes:

Moscow's total population is around 10 million. But Moscow is only a part of Russia. The population of Russia is around 145 million.
There is also much cold and darkness. Even colder than in Scandinavia.

Heh, I know many musicians in Moscow but only about 20% of them record their music and participate in some bands. Moreover, not many of them are metallists, cause "new" metal, "alternative" and kinda sorta become very popular among russian teenagers, so we have only about 5-10% of musicians hat u can communicate with and exchange ideas. I dunno the situation mr.V has in his neighbourhood (i'd appreciate if he tells smth in this topic) but I guess the amount of metallist musicians in Scandinavia "per mile" is greater than in Russia&Moscow. but it's my opinion :)