How as Mr. V influenced your life?

I once got in trouble for quoting a Vintasorg song in one of my Philosophy essays at university, because it was a credible and perscribed text, and then for using reference from Visions From a Spiral Generator in a Metaphysics class to demostrate how wrong my tutor was.

All in all, most fun.

But Vintasorg also helped me show how far metal can go as a genre because he incorporated such notions as Metaphysical Philosophy as well as Astronomy and Physics within his works and is a great example for people who do not like/understand heavy and fob it all off as just "satanic noise" (to put it as a friend's father once called it).
So, he helped me as a musician and as a metalhead. :headbang:

Catch ya
Shadow

I think he was talking about the "gangsta rap" guys called Vintasorg.

Not the same band at all...

:rolleyes:

As for satanic noises, your friend's father obviously never heard my friends and me burp out 4-5 beers at our band rehearsals.

Alec Walter Conway said:
As for satanic noises, your friend's father obviously never heard my friends and me burp out 4-5 beers at our band rehearsals.

No, but he has heard our drummer's drunken impression of a dying Wookie that he passes off a death grows.

That and me singing Karaoke.
Ain't anything more Satanic then that.:devil::devil::Smokedev:

Finnish and swedish is as far from each other as a language can be. Finnish has more in common with japanese than swedish (speaking as a native finlander living in sweden most of my life)... Strange but true...

Nainiriel said:
Finnish and swedish is as far from each other as a language can be. Finnish has more in common with japanese than swedish (speaking as a native finlander living in sweden most of my life)... Strange but true...
Although Finnish and Swedish are very distant grammatically, they have still come to share quite a big part of their vocabularies due to their geographical closeness.

Nainiriel said:

aah, that's really what linguists still argue about. some say japanese is related to the finno-ugric languages and some again conter that all those "relations" are just accidents. compare: fin: yksi - jap: ichi (one)

Funny thing... just tonight I've been dreaming I'm visiting a Vintersorg concert. It's about time to see another one.... (yeah... "Keep on dreaming!", I know.)

I'd like to change the question to "How has the band Vintersorg influenced my life?"... then the answer is clear:
It still gives me the best music... when all my CDs bore me, there's always one Vintersorg CD that I still can listen to... it's just so unique that it doesn't get boring.

And the band influenced me by teaching me to keep waiting. Since years I try to get a Vintersorg interview for my website. No way seems to lead to it. :p

i don`t know if Vintersorg influenced me... is more accurated to say "I'm feeling identified with Vintersorg..."

the love for the nature and the vision and feeling of it, the pagan feelings... even the complex universe interactuing with one self... all those things describes
my personality. that is the reason cuz Vintersorg and his proyects has captive me....