How Mr V changed my life...

Finally. Someone got my point and didn't exaggerate it to an insulting degree. Rationality is so refreshing.

I must say I understand all of you who say that Vintersorg changed your life.

Even though I live far from Sweden he managed to affect on my life too, by changing my point of view on many stuff(e.g. Cosmos and Nature).
He also introduced me to swedish language and ''swedish spirit'', which now I adore.
Vintersorg is the one responsible for the fact that I'm going to live in Sweden in 5 years.....(or at least I hope so)

He's not God, but I must say that he is one of the most fascinating and most intelligent people in metal industry today....

HAIL TO VINTERSORG!!! :worship:

Like 1 ½ year ago I got a CD with some Vintersorg songs from a friend and I was trapped right away and now I almost have all his albums. The only one left to buy is Cosmic Genesis. I love those songs about the nature and so, it's damn good. And how the lyrics are written is just amazing sometimes, just can't understand how anyone can write like he does. I've tried to do some equal lyrics myself and it has worked out quite good. I love the nature we have here in the north, it's so beautiful. The forests, the fjelds and so on... can't do anything else but loving it.

Thank you, Vintersorg

/Mats

There is nothing wrong with trying to tell someone just how much their art means to you, and has affected your life. As long as you don't dedicate yourself to worshipping that person, and understand they do wrong, as do you and I there is no problem.

Yeah, I think it would kick ass for mr. V to come stateside for a few shows at some point, as just about everyone I've had listen to him has fallen in love with his work. I guess it just has that affect on people.

I knew Vintersorg some years ago with their two first cds and they showed me the amazing way about the epic pagan metal . All the Vintersorg CDs have incredible magic , all CDs, without exceptions.
They have great concepts and lyrics, many force, and supreme music. Really , Vintersorg is one of my favorite bands at this time

Thanks mr V, HAIL VINTERSORG

Spunk said:
There is nothing wrong with trying to tell someone just how much their art means to you, and has affected your life. As long as you don't dedicate yourself to worshipping that person, and understand they do wrong, as do you and I there is no problem.

Exactly. Just because you tell someone you appreciate their work does not automatically mean you are worshipping them (which would be a stupid thing to do indeed). But I think his music does have a personal affect on people, and there's nothing wrong with expressing that either.

Spunk said:
Yeah, I think it would kick ass for mr. V to come stateside for a few shows at some point, as just about everyone I've had listen to him has fallen in love with his work. I guess it just has that affect on people.

I would travel a long way to see such a show (or try at least; the USA is fucking huge after all). But I realize this is probably only a dream. Maybe if he dumbed-down and commercialized his music to become the next big Linkin Park, then he could be a rich rock star and tour the US extensively and have millions of worshipping fans :puke: :yuk: ) um... NAH!!! ;)

Even if he could only open for other bands and play 30 minutes, I'd still want to go!

Well, he did a festival a few years back in the tri-state area. Sadly, I was distanced from metal at the time, and was probably big on Jerry Cantrell, Days of the New, etc at the time. My friend went to the show, and pretty much said what you'd imagine from a show with mr. V, that he kicked ass.

So what I am hoping for is a big metal festival, sponsored by mr V's US distributor at some point.

Spunk said:
Well, he did a festival a few years back in the tri-state area. Sadly, I was distanced from metal at the time, and was probably big on Jerry Cantrell, Days of the New, etc at the time. My friend went to the show, and pretty much said what you'd imagine from a show with mr. V, that he kicked ass.

So what I am hoping for is a big metal festival, sponsored by mr V's US distributor at some point.

(Again I'm only dreaming here, but...) I could only go as far as I could drive in a day or two, so something in the southern half of the U.S. would be great. That's all I'm asking!!! :D Something in New York (or whatever up north) would be just too far.

Vintero said:
Well I just want to say again that Vintersorg's music has changed my life and has set me on a path to discover my own meaning in this cosmic journey through the mind of the world and cosmos. So please come down to San Diego if you ever get the chance I would really love to meet you in person...and I can say for sure that, that would be another life changing experience for me.

If that's not worship I don't know what is.
He might as well have called him God.
THAT is what I was arguing. Not art appreciation, worship of artist.