Rank the Mr. V projects!

Wow, 3 Cronian songs outway 3 whole ALBUMS by Vintersorg for you Nick? That's pretty wild!

darcy, don't feel bad! Mr. V is a long and worthwhile journey :D

karpsmom said:
Wow, 3 Cronian songs outway 3 whole ALBUMS by Vintersorg for you Nick? That's pretty wild!

that might not have been entirely accurate. I was also basing it on the expectation that all Cronian songs are as good as the 3 I've heard (whether that's true or not), and since I like those songs individually more than any one Vintersorg song... so it's not entirely accurate.

Still, I like Vintersorg but am not in love with it...

Borknagar wasn't overrated for me, because for me they were never even 'rated'. I was trying to see if they were any good (my brother liked them), and so I borrowed Q and listened to "The Presence is Ominous" one night... never did I believe music could induce such feeling and emotion. It was incredible. Since I had barely listened to any metal previously, I wasn't used to the style at all, and also "The Presence is Ominous" is quite a one-of-a-kind song, which altogether increased the effect. I then could not stop listening to Borknagar for a (long) while after. Now I'm not so obsessed with them anymore, and I have collected all the albums.

My order has changed... I listened to some more Vintersorg lately, I have to say I must not have listened to it enough or as closely before because the music is richer than I first thought, and I enjoyed it more.

I'd say Bork, Vinter and Cronian are all pretty much equal for me right now. Not saying that I like them all perfectly equally, but there isn't one that I'd rather listen to over the other now. GOOD STUFF!!