Vintercrack

why do you think that? I cannot think that my favourite artist/singer isn't a nice person....i know it, maybe it's an utopy or something childish, but i've always thought that behind his great music there must be a great person and a great human being, because this is what i feel reading his lyrics and listening to his music, i mean such sensibility toward nature and things can live nowhere but in a sensitive and deep person.... (too hard to explain this concept in english :lol: )
ok...i know it....
i'm fangirl :oops:
cheernv9.gif

a bb *
well a lot of people like Burzum as their favorite artist...but Varg by any means is not a nice person...just making a point

by all means...I'm not comparing
that's why i said I was just making a point that the quality of the music(which is entirely subjective to personal taste) doesn't mean the person is neccessarily nice.

maybe Mr. V could not be nice to fanboys who constantly tell him how åsome he is:lol:

I don't know, I guess I whine too much and my lack of confidence doesn't help... but I just don't feel I would get along with any musician. When I met Jari (from Wintersun) he smiled a lot and seemed very charming, but I just found him to be a bit of an arrogant dick. I drink with Jeff Walker sometimes and the brothers from Anathema, all arrogant bastards with their heads up their asses. Only musicians I have gotten along with have been Arjen (ayreon) and Johan (amon amarth), me and Johan danced to techno at a nightclub, much drunken fun was had n_n

But yeah, maybe it's just me, I'm not an easy person to talk to (apparently) and I find myself to be way too dorky and quite tasteless sometimes. I'm a nice person, I just guess I'm not right for the metal scene. Vintersorg seems a bit too much of an intellectual party man for me. I share many of the same interests with him, but I highly doubt we'd ever get along. Not that it matters anyway, music is cool k~

Rivfadír;6161482 said:
Hmm, I just think he seems to be a bit pretentious.

No shit. Then again I think I have an idea of him based on his fans (no offence guys) but Vintersorg fans tend to piss me off beyond words, there's just a few who I have met and got along with, Yourself and Henrik for example.

ps.Vampyrian sucks.

I imagine he's a perfectly sound bloke, though I don't think I'd be able to catch up with how much more intelligent than me he probably is. It's like, you meet someone but they're so clever and great that they're probably way past whatever phase your own mentality is going through, so there's nothing for them to really click with. If I had some time with him I'd talk to him about the meanings or manifesti of his songs, but quite a few artists don't like having to explain stuff like that.

Being a budding musician I can totally identify with arrogance in rock stars.

Hmm a Leeds boy hey? Interesting to see some one who isn't dumb as shit from the UK, Even better from the North.

I don't find Vintersorg's intelligence intimidating, I'm hardly the smartest chick around but I still know my stuff and I've always been open minded in a discussion. It's a shame I don't know any fellow intellects in England who I can talk with, I find this nation to be full of ignorance (haha I'm hypocrite?) and so it's hard to actually find someone who I can sit down and discuss really in depth stuff with. For example, my oldest friend... a few days ago he randomly brought up a discussion on religion, claiming he hates Paganism because it's Satanist, and that everyone who is a Pagan sacrificing people and animals all the time to Satan. Even trying to teach this fellow about how wrong he was, telling him what Paganism really is and what Satanism is... I found him just arguing with me and telling me I'm wrong. These are the type of people I come across every single day, and for me it's quite irritating. Don't get me wrong I love grabbing a beer joking and chit chatting with friends, but some days I just want to sit around with a friend and discuss the cosmos or some shit to a point where I start questioning my existence a lot and freaking out.

Blarg, I'm rambling again.
Actually, I was wondering if any of you have MSN or AIM? I added a few of the regulars here but I wouldn't mind having some one else to chat to as well. I sure do love chatting as you can see!

Hmm a Leeds boy hey? Interesting to see some one who isn't dumb as shit from the UK, Even better from the North.

I don't find Vintersorg's intelligence intimidating, I'm hardly the smartest chick around but I still know my stuff and I've always been open minded in a discussion. It's a shame I don't know any fellow intellects in England who I can talk with, I find this nation to be full of ignorance (haha I'm hypocrite?) and so it's hard to actually find someone who I can sit down and discuss really in depth stuff with. For example, my oldest friend... a few days ago he randomly brought up a discussion on religion, claiming he hates Paganism because it's Satanist, and that everyone who is a Pagan sacrificing people and animals all the time to Satan. Even trying to teach this fellow about how wrong he was, telling him what Paganism really is and what Satanism is... I found him just arguing with me and telling me I'm wrong. These are the type of people I come across every single day, and for me it's quite irritating. Don't get me wrong I love grabbing a beer joking and chit chatting with friends, but some days I just want to sit around with a friend and discuss the cosmos or some shit to a point where I start questioning my existence a lot and freaking out.

Blarg, I'm rambling again.
Actually, I was wondering if any of you have MSN or AIM? I added a few of the regulars here but I wouldn't mind having some one else to chat to as well. I sure do love chatting as you can see!

I'm not originally from Leeds, I just live here for uni. I'm from Farnborough originally which is right down south near Guildford/Reading.

Yeah this nation is full of ignorami, which is a real shame. I don't class anyone who isn't knowledgeable but wants to be as ignorant, it's those who don't see any worth in bettering oneself or consider themselves infallible (or are just plain incorrigible) who are ignorant and part of the problem with this country. There are a few intellectual people around, they just rarely come out of the woodwork, or are modest enough not to mark themselves out as intellectuals in the street.

As for Vintersorg, it's mostly a matter what his main sentiments are. I would just guess that being older, and seemly quite intelligent, that he's had more time in his life to think about things, and so he might find my thinking undeveloped, or find my sentiments immature. But that's certainly not to say I wouldn't take up the opportunity to talk with him, after all I'm willing to be enlightened and consider myself to have a good grasp of basic philosophical concepts.

Kazaum, can we be friends again? I'm sorry I told you to fuck off =(

I'm not originally from Leeds, I just live here for uni. I'm from Farnborough originally which is right down south near Guildford/Reading.

Yeah this nation is full of ignorami, which is a real shame. I don't class anyone who isn't knowledgeable but wants to be as ignorant, it's those who don't see any worth in bettering oneself or consider themselves infallible (or are just plain incorrigible) who are ignorant and part of the problem with this country. There are a few intellectual people around, they just rarely come out of the woodwork, or are modest enough not to mark themselves out as intellectuals in the street.

As for Vintersorg, it's mostly a matter what his main sentiments are. I would just guess that being older, and seemly quite intelligent, that he's had more time in his life to think about things, and so he might find my thinking undeveloped, or find my sentiments immature. But that's certainly not to say I wouldn't take up the opportunity to talk with him, after all I'm willing to be enlightened and consider myself to have a good grasp of basic philosophical concepts.

Ah, even so, a fellow Englander! I'm from the Mighty land of Merseyside/Liverpool, I did live in York for two months but in the end I just couldn't stand it. Beautiful City with a lot of history... but I miss the insanity and the culture (yes there is one) of Liverpool. England is a beautiful country it's just a shame we take a lot from America, and sadly we take the worst of it, mostly through media than anything else.

Intelligent people are hard to come across, but when you do it's in some of the most strange places.

< ramble> For an example, sitting in a coffee shop, I was drawing in a sketch book since I for some reason get a huge amount of inspiration from sitting around in the City and a quite attractive man sat opposite me on my table. He was interested in my sketchbook and so I passed it to him (I'll never give up an opportunity to plug my artwork) He really loved my sketch of Vintersorg and of course being shocked that I had finally met a Vintersorg fan in real life I couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk with this guy, he had a strong passion for Mr.V's lyrics and so we sat and discussed a lot of deep things about Space and Time, and then we focused on nature and the earth after he saw some of my landscapes paintings. I had never met a man who could use every word in the dictionary within such a small conversation and make me feel so mentally fulfilled within just two words, all this in some shitty over priced coffee shop.

I'm glad I got his phone number now, at least I have ONE person to chat to about more in depth stuff, just a shame he's always so busy with University. ;__;

</ ramble>

I don't know, I guess I whine too much and my lack of confidence doesn't help... but I just don't feel I would get along with any musician. When I met Jari (from Wintersun) he smiled a lot and seemed very charming, but I just found him to be a bit of an arrogant dick. I drink with Jeff Walker sometimes and the brothers from Anathema, all arrogant bastards with their heads up their asses. Only musicians I have gotten along with have been Arjen (ayreon) and Johan (amon amarth), me and Johan danced to techno at a nightclub, much drunken fun was had n_n

But yeah, maybe it's just me, I'm not an easy person to talk to (apparently) and I find myself to be way too dorky and quite tasteless sometimes. I'm a nice person, I just guess I'm not right for the metal scene. Vintersorg seems a bit too much of an intellectual party man for me. I share many of the same interests with him, but I highly doubt we'd ever get along. Not that it matters anyway, music is cool k~

you should come to israel once(or more)...our metal scene is very warm
and musicians talk to you at eyelevel...guys like Orpahned Land always come and say hello...toast a beer together. The guys from Epica (Netherlands) were pretty nice too...Steven Wilson was a bit of a shoegazer but maybe it's his way to say he likes me( :lol: )

dorky and tasteless you say...welcome to the club
anyway this country sure knows how to wash that out

But yeah, maybe it's just me, I'm not an easy person to talk to (apparently) and I find myself to be way too dorky and quite tasteless sometimes

That sounds like me down to a tee, not to mention just how un-smooth I am. The past few big social/party piss-ups I went to I dragged some guy into some deep philosophical conversation (though they seemed quite interested by what I had to say, or pretended to). I'm a drunk who's philosophical or likes to talk about ideas, not a 'kerrazy' or 'cool' drunk, which is a shame cos girls seem to like the latter. When I do lose myself when I get drunk people just don't dig it.

Back to the whole musician thing, I often tell myself that I'm not going to have that arrogant rockstar attitude if I ever make it big, because I know how demeaning it is when some up-himself twat acts all condescending to you, though I have that problem with normal people, not just rock stars (very few of whom I've met). I don't think I'm going to get to the stage where I'll have to deal with annoying fanboys, though obviously it means I've made it if so!