Waterclime Imaginative-thoughts

ErikSL

groove junkie
Feb 11, 2006
Well, I have listened to the album thoroughly track by track and as a whole.

This is definately Mr. V's most artistic release yet. But unfortunately the album has a lot of problems. So it is a bitter sweet listening experience.

First off, where is the bass? I mean you can hear it but it's barely there, a lot of the songs sound very empty because of this. The most predominant instruments are the drums(good programming) and vox. At times it sounds awesome, but at times its annoying. The Astral Factor was produced much better, what happened???

Second, I think their are only a few memorable tunes in terms of songwriting. The addictive melodies that we know and love from Mr. V just aren't there this time around. It sounds like the vocals were just pasted into this already painted canvas of strange sounds. Also, the guitar leads could have been louder.

As far as everything else goes, the album is definately interesting and colorful. It sounds as if Mr. V was just splashing tones and effects all over the place to create something very different from anything else we hear today. So for that, I think the album is good but not great. I enjoyed the Astral Factor much more.

Songs to check out:
Starshine Theater
Angel and the Fireball(the jazzy drums are sweet)
Vision or Void

o_O

Well, I have listened to the album thoroughly track by track and as a whole.

This is definately Mr. V's most artistic release yet. But unfortunately the album has a lot of problems. So it is a bitter sweet listening experience.

First off, where is the bass? I mean you can hear it but it's barely there, a lot of the songs sound very empty because of this. The most predominant instruments are the drums(good programming) and vox. At times it sounds awesome, but at times its annoying. The Astral Factor was produced much better, what happened???

Second, I think their are only a few memorable tunes in terms of songwriting. The addictive melodies that we know and love from Mr. V just aren't there this time around. It sounds like the vocals were just pasted into this already painted canvas of strange sounds. Also, the guitar leads could have been louder.

As far as everything else goes, the album is definately interesting and colorful. It sounds as if Mr. V was just splashing tones and effects all over the place to create something very different from anything else we hear today. So for that, I think the album is good but not great. I enjoyed the Astral Factor much more.

Songs to check out:
Starshine Theater
Angel and the Fireball(the jazzy drums are sweet)
Vision or Void

o_O
Wow..we seems to have very different opinion regarding productions. TAF was quite muddy and it's sometimes hard to get the grip of the details. The bass on Imaginative is intentionally different as I like to get a ways from the bass sound that shouts "i'm-inside-a box-playing" and that means that the Hz around 250-350 is lowered.

Songwise I'm, of course, also on the other side of the fence here:) The songs, from my perspective, is more adventurous with stronger melodies.This is of course my opinions and everything on the album is needed to be that way to get inside my frame of how I wanted it this time around.

mr V

Wow..we seems to have very different opinion regarding productions. TAF was quite muddy and it's sometimes hard to get the grip of the details. The bass on Imaginative is intentionally different as I like to get a ways from the bass sound that shouts "i'm-inside-a box-playing" and that means that the Hz around 250-350 is lowered.

Songwise I'm, of course, also on the other side of the fence here:) The songs, from my perspective, is more adventurous with stronger melodies.This is of course my opinions and everything on the album is needed to be that way to get inside my frame of how I wanted it this time around.

mr V

Haha. I was of course expecting your opinion to be vastly different from mine, since it is your work after all. I am still sticking to my view of what is on the album though. From one musician to another, every person sees things in different perspectives. And to agree with you on one front, it definately is more adventurous, thats what I meant by being your most artistic release. So even though I don't like certain aspects of this album, I always enjoy the effort you put into your music. cheers V

I also wanted to add that it was cool that you thanked Ultimatemetal.com in the credits