Vintercrack

That sounds like me down to a tee, not to mention just how un-smooth I am. The past few big social/party piss-ups I went to I dragged some guy into some deep philosophical conversation (though they seemed quite interested by what I had to say, or pretended to). I'm a drunk who's philosophical or likes to talk about ideas, not a 'kerrazy' or 'cool' drunk, which is a shame cos girls seem to like the latter. When I do lose myself when I get drunk people just don't dig it.

Back to the whole musician thing, I often tell myself that I'm not going to have that arrogant rockstar attitude if I ever make it big, because I know how demeaning it is when some up-himself twat acts all condescending to you, though I have that problem with normal people, not just rock stars (very few of whom I've met). I don't think I'm going to get to the stage where I'll have to deal with annoying fanboys, though obviously it means I've made it if so!

It's hard really, I'm hardly famous, but at a point I was well known by people in my City and quite respected, due to my art and musiccc. Along with this popularity I became pretty bitter and in some ways I seemed like a very arrogant woman. I didn't feel I was arrogant, I was still as nice as always only I became more distant. When you're meeting a new person every few hours, you don't have the time to give them all your attention and most of the time I never really wanted to talk too deeply with EVERYONE I met, because I don't enjoy revealing too much about myself and talking so much usually about the same thing over and over becomes irritating. I was happy to accept their praises and compliments and happy enough to just have short brief conversations with them... but nothing much more.

It's a shame because in the end a lot of people believed I was arrogant and on a huge ego trip, which is completely not true. :cry:

I don't know, I guess I whine too much and my lack of confidence doesn't help... but I just don't feel I would get along with any musician. When I met Jari (from Wintersun) he smiled a lot and seemed very charming, but I just found him to be a bit of an arrogant dick. I drink with Jeff Walker sometimes and the brothers from Anathema, all arrogant bastards with their heads up their asses. Only musicians I have gotten along with have been Arjen (ayreon) and Johan (amon amarth), me and Johan danced to techno at a nightclub, much drunken fun was had n_n

But yeah, maybe it's just me, I'm not an easy person to talk to (apparently) and I find myself to be way too dorky and quite tasteless sometimes. I'm a nice person, I just guess I'm not right for the metal scene. Vintersorg seems a bit too much of an intellectual party man for me. I share many of the same interests with him, but I highly doubt we'd ever get along. Not that it matters anyway, music is cool k~

You are telling that Arjen its a nice person? :headbang:
I like him. He looks like so funny =)

I drink with Jeff Walker sometimes and the brothers from Anathema, all arrogant bastards with their heads up their asses.

No! :(

On another note... I'm laughing. I mean SHEESH. Puh-leese.

On yet another, the nicest musicians I've met have got to be either Vital Remains or Nevermore. People from both bands put up for me for way, way more than they should... As for the rest, the local scene is of course pretty normal and I really haven't had any bad experiences with other foreign bands either, probably because I was usually just trying to snag an autograph or a few quick words, wasn't trying to be their best friend or whatever. I mean really... it's stupid to think somebody you've just met (or maybe hardly know at all), especially somebody semi-famous in the metal scene is gonna be your pal or something:D It does happen... but mostly doesn't and there's nothing wrong with that. The real bastards are the Kerry Kings and Dave Mustaines and Gene Simmonses:D Now THEY truly are pompous assholes. Some of them make good, even great music, but it's their egos that make them such jerks.

ps.Vampyrian sucks.

:)

from the first post, hun.
Ass kissery is the lamest of the lame ;)

Also I notice Erik, you lived in Winter Park/Florida for some time as you attended college, did you ever know a woman called Chandra Free?

haha, i dont consider it ass kissery. Just showing some love for someone who inspired me.

AND NO.....I have no idea who chandra free is.:OMG:

why do you think that? I cannot think that my favourite artist/singer isn't a nice person....i know it, maybe it's an utopy or something childish, but i've always thought that behind his great music there must be a great person and a great human being, because this is what i feel reading his lyrics and listening to his music, i mean such sensibility toward nature and things can live nowhere but in a sensitive and deep person.... (too hard to explain this concept in english :lol: )

ok...i know it....

i'm fangirl :oops:
cheernv9.gif

a bb *

I Totally support you! but....where did you find that photo???
( the big one with Mr.V smiling)

Cheers:)

I got a mate who knows Jeff Walker and gets on with him well, but he writes for Kerrang and is a 'cool' kinda guy so I dunno if it really counts.

Isjungfrun, you make music/art? Cool!

When I met Jari (from Wintersun) he smiled a lot and seemed very charming, but I just found him to be a bit of an arrogant dick.

I met him when they played with Amon Amarth here in Milan on november, after the show he talked with us (fans), taking alot of pictures and doing signatures... to me seemed all but arrogant. Anyway he is very very shy and this is why he could seem arrogant. He is also a huge Metallica fan like me! :headbang:

I got a mate who knows Jeff Walker and gets on with him well, but he writes for Kerrang and is a 'cool' kinda guy so I dunno if it really counts.

Well the man is what...35 at least, it would only be obvious that he isn't as chatty and friendly with teenagers as he might be with older people or people that are 'cool' kinda.:*