bands similar to evergrey?

Well, i think that Evergrey is a unique band! Btw... i like also Dream Theater (the old albums), Nightwish, Lacuna Coil and Disturbed. Maybe these band aren't so similar to evergrey, but they are also talented! :headbang:

lulz, yea definitely not similar, but it's worth a try searching. I'm sure there's atleast one underground band who plays dark progressive metal.

Vanden Plas from Germany. Darkwater from Sweden. For the growing prog/power scene: Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Shadow Gallery, Threshold, Serenity (these should give ya a good enough start).

Well, i think that Evergrey is a unique band! Btw... i like also Dream Theater (the old albums), Nightwish, Lacuna Coil and Disturbed. Maybe these band aren't so similar to evergrey, but they are also talented! :headbang:

Dream Theater's Images and Words and Scenes from a Memory are absolute classics and must haves.

Also check out Eyefear from Australia. They certainly recall Evergrey circa ISOT, especially in terms of production. Andy LaRocque mixed their second album. The already mentioned Awake also recalls Evergrey, but neither band has singer in the style of Tom Englund. So be forewarned in that respect.

On another note, Tad Morose - Sender of Thoughts is a great dark prog metal album. Very different from Evergrey musically, but I can see you digging it.

lulz, yea definitely not similar, but it's worth a try searching. I'm sure there's at least one underground band who plays dark progressive metal.

not really sure if it counts but i try. my lead style sounds very similar. I don't get why there aren't any bands that sound close to them, noting that they are a huge influence to many bands.

Also check out Eyefear from Australia. They certainly recall Evergrey circa ISOT, especially in terms of production. Andy LaRocque mixed their second album. The already mentioned Awake also recalls Evergrey, but neither band has singer in the style of Tom Englund. So be forewarned in that respect.

On another note, Tad Morose - Sender of Thoughts is a great dark prog metal album. Very different from Evergrey musically, but I can see you digging it.

Hooray, how could I miss them out? They opened for Evergrey in Australia! :kickass:

Nice recommendation on Assailant. Thats some pretty good stuff.

Here are some personal recommendations. I don't know if they're really "Evergrey" sounding, but I like them:

Dark Suns
Division By Zero

lulz, yea definitely not similar, but it's worth a try searching. I'm sure there's atleast one underground band who plays dark progressive metal.

2 bands that I would recommend are Kamelot (as mentioned before) and Adagio (from France) ... they both give off a dark vibe.