Bands that kicked your ass the first time you heard them

well here are the bands, and the songs i first heard, that completely got me hooked

Iron Maiden- Wicker Man (rock in rio)
Nocturnal Rites- Shadowland
Dream Evil- Prophecy
Tad Morose- Another Time Around
Blind Guardian- Battlefield
Brainstorm- Leading
Falconer- Grave Of Guilt
Symphony X- Accolade
Sacred Reich- Independant
Iced Earth- Pure Evil
Overkill- Long Time Dying
Megadeth- Psychotron
Wind Wraith- Fortune Tellers Gaze
Helloween- Twilight Of The Gods
Dio- Rainbow In The Dark
Nightwish- End Of All Hope
Demons And Wizards- Heaven Denies
Bruce Dicksinon- King In Crimson
Wolfcry- Dying Of Innocence

how appropriate that this is in the Tad Morose forum as of late... Tad Morose kicked my ass and then some!!! since I first heard No Mercy and Afraid to die I had to go get anything and everything TM has done. It's been a looooooong time since a band has done this to me. Modus has not made it out of my cd player since I got it, a 6 cd changer but only have been changing 5! These guys have gotten some momentum lately and I'm sure will have more after Chicago's show and for sure cannot wait for a full-blown north american tour! :headbang:

Symphorce was another band that when I heard their riffs and Andy's vox I had to get all the other cd's. It's been a bit over a year since then and we've started a US Street Team and fansite/forum for them and of course we are all happy to hear the almighty Harvester has selected them to play PP6, their first USA debut! :headbang: :hotjump:

Well here's my list most of them were from live shows

Tesla - saw them open for Def Lep didn't know who they were. They came out with "coming at you live" and I was hooked
Divine Regal - just blew me away
Without Warning - not together anymore - shame they were awesome
Iced Earth - incredible band high energy on stage and nice guys
Edguy - saw them at PP3 thought they were incredible
Threshold - these guys blew me away at PP - the drummer is an animal
Mercenary - loved them at PP
Tad Morose - I don't know why - those guys suck ;-) Really great job at PP lots of energy
Evergrey - another Swedish band that kicked my ass, great guys too. Be careful when drinking with them but I think that goes for all Swedes :)

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there are more.

Boston - "More Than a Feeling." That disc sounds like it was produced in 2005, not 1976. Brilliant band in their early careeer.
AC/DC - "You SHook Me All Night Long." What a guitar tone !!!
Accept - "Midnight Mover" An even better guitar tone !! What a guitarist !!
Dio - "The Last in Line" Wow ! This guy is "the voice" of metal.
Yngwie - "Blackstar" How in the hell can a man play that shit ?
Metallica - "Disposable Heroes." That shit scared me !!
Metal Church - "Fake Healer." They put POWER into power metal !!
Fates Warning - "Through Different Eyes." Hey I think I dig this "prog" stuff.
Dream Theater - "Metropolis Part I." Holy Cow !!
The Goo Goo Dolls - "Iris" Damned this Rzeznik guy is a God !!
Vanden Plas - "Rainmaker." Hey TJ listen to this shit !!
Tad Morose - "Ethereal Soul." Damned what cool backing vocals !!

Bryant

OverKill ('Coma', mostly)
Tad Morose ('Another Time Around')
Death Angel ('A Room With A View')
Helstar ('Burning Star')
Wicked Mystic ('Stand Alone)
Deep Purple ('Fireball')
Annihilator (not sure anymore...I think it was 'The Fun Palace')
Europe ('The Final Countdown')
Magnum ('Back To Earth')
Blackfoot ('Diary Of A Workingman')
Seven Witches ('Dance With The Dead')
Edguy ('Until We Rise Again')
Molly Hatchet ('The Journey')

There's A LOT more...but I'm too lazy to think of 'em right now :D

Coma777 said:
Blackfoot ('Diary Of A Workingman')

There's A LOT more...but I'm too lazy to think of 'em right now :D

Doh !! I forgot to mention Blackfoot "Highway Song" !!! Blackfoot was awesome. It's surprising how many metal-heads dig those guys. I made a Blackfoot post in the Prog-power forum of all places and got probably twenty replies.

Bryant

I remember when I was in 4th grade, When I heard the second verse for "Pull Me Under"...OMG!!!!! :headbang: :OMG:

Also when I first heard Angra-Carry On...holy crap

Just remembered how much I got my ass kicked when I first heard "Blackout" by Scorpions

oh and Vanden Plas-Days of Thunder

Bryant said:
Doh !! I forgot to mention Blackfoot "Highway Song" !!! Blackfoot was awesome. It's surprising how many metal-heads dig those guys. I made a Blackfoot post in the Prog-power forum of all places and got probably twenty replies.

Bryant

Blackfoot? I shouldn't know those guys! I'm 18 (19 next tuesday)! :D
I think that many Metalheads like them, because Blackfoot sounds more "Hard Rock" than many other Southern Rock bands.

Coma777 said:
Blackfoot? I shouldn't know those guys! I'm 18 (19 next tuesday)! :D
I think that many Metalheads like them, because Blackfoot sounds more "Hard Rock" than many other Southern Rock bands.

Yeah they did. Blackfoot was almost in a class by themselves. The blues/country influence was there and strong, but they had much more of an edge than the Almman's, Skynyrd etc. especially in Medlocke's vocals and guitar licks.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Yeah they did. Blackfoot was almost in a class by themselves. The blues/country influence was there and strong, but they had much more of an edge than the Almman's, Skynyrd etc. especially in Medlocke's vocals and guitar licks.

Bryant

Did you hear that Jakson died yesterday? :( That really bummed me...

By the way, WintersReflection...Crimson Glory RULES!!! That was one I forgot, 'Painted Skies' had me enchanted from the moment I heard it!

Bryant said:
Yes and so did Danny Joe Brown former vocalist of Molly Hatchet (he did the vocals on "Flirting with Disaster.") It was a pretty dark week for Southern Rock. :erk:

Bryant

Yeah it really sucks...I'm going to visit a Molly Hatchet concert in April...with my mom! :D