My First Tad Morose experiance at BB Kings.

Gamma Ray

Killer of Giants
Sep 17, 2004
Long Island, NY
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you the incredible experiance I had 2 nights ago at BB Kings in New York.

I live in NY so I took the train into the city with a good friend of mine to see Edguy at BB Kings. I admit I didn't look very hard, but I wasn't able to find who the opening band was. I was partially excited and slightly scared. What if the band sucked? What if it's something awesome?
So we walk up (i think) 42nd to BB Kings and I see the sign for "Tad Morose." I immediatly cringed. I THINK I heard the name once or twice before, and I really got the name mixed up with another, really crappy band. Now I'm dragging my feet, grumbling "not Iron Maiden...damn Edguy...better opener..."
We got there early so it was sort of empty. I snuck in FRONT of the guard rail all the way on the right side and leaned against one of the big speakers thinking to myself "Set will probably be short...It wont be TOO bad...probably...at least I have this sweet spot." I tell my friend to save this sweet spot for me as I go and buy a T-shirt. While waiting on the small line I as the few individuals there "Anyone heard Tad Morose?" A few guys said yeah, and that they were from Sweden. "Sweden, eh?....That's a start..."
So I get back down, put my new shirt on OVER my shirt and just chill untill the music started......
BLAM!
I am drop-kicked in the face with an awesome riff and some awesome vocals. This wasn't crap! This was awesome heavy metal!! I INSTANTLY started headbanging. About 10 seconds into the first song, I realize "These guys rock!" I made sure to cheer extra loud for them because they raised my spirits so much with awesome heavy metal and a cool stage presense. I really didn't want to see them leave!
The next day I went to my local CD retailer, bought their new album, threw that in my car, and rocked out.

Thanks for the sick show guys. You guys really kicked ass!

Hey Gamma Ray! (this feels odd lol)
I'm a huge Gamma Ray fan (they inspired me... changed my life and made me a better person) and they were the ones to lead into the great metal world three years ago. lol Just that bit about your name, since they're my favourite band as well.

Back to topic, I recently got a Tad Morose CD, their previous album, Matters of the Dark and it sure does rule!! It's just fun, heavy, headbang-able music! :D Of course, I've heard "Anubis" off Modus Vivendi. These days, when I compose music and I take breaks to just play whatever is on my mind, I find myself playing Tad Morose-like riffs mixed in with Gamma Ray kind of solos and Iron Savior kinds of rythm. lol, It's a nice combination :p

Since I'm from Nepal, I haven't seen any of these bands live, but I'm glad you did!