Bands that should be at Prog Power!!

MetalNations

Aug 29, 2002
In Space
Bands that should be at Prog Power in the future.

Axel Rudi Pell, Angels Diary,At Vance,Karelia,Insania,Labyrinth,Innerwish,Heavenblast,Ring Of Fire,Skylark,Supreme Majesty,Thy Majestie,Tuatha De Danann, Virgin Steele

JCMRecords said:
Bands that should be at Prog Power in the future.

Axel Rudi Pell, Angels Diary,At Vance,Karelia,Insania,Labyrinth,Innerwish,Heavenblast,Ring Of Fire,Skylark,Supreme Majesty,Thy Majestie,Tuatha De Danann, Virgin Steele

Of those bands I would only want to see Labyrinth, Thy Majesty and Virgin Steele. Heavenblast and Skylark are two of the worst metal bands ever. Other bands that should play PP (that have not played there before) are Grave Digger, Heavenly, Shaman, Masterplan, Lost Horizon, Eldritch, Manigance, After Forever, Epica, Kalmah, Nocturnal Rites, Firewind, Machine Men, Twilightning, Dark Tranquillity, etc.........

I agree on these bands....

Grave Digger, Heavenly, Masterplan, Lost Horizon, Eldritch, Epica, Kalmah, Nocturnal Rites, Firewind

Poverty's No Crime didn't do much for me. I bought The Chemical Chaos after seeing some people raveing about it here... They don't do anything particularly amazing with that CD. It's all very average and unoriginal stuff.

Out of all the above lists I like;

Thunderstone, Heavenly, Shaman, At Vance, Dark Tranquility (I'd doubt Glenn woudl book them even as the oddball comparing them to Mercenary / Into Eternity), Masterplan, Nocturnal Rites, Epica and After Forever. I'm sure I overlooked a couple.

I'll throw in Lana Lane, Metalium, Dream Evil, Iron Force, Helloween, Falconer, Flowing Tears, Oratory (new album \m/), Conspiracy and Reign of Terror off the top of my head.

I also think that this is the earliest "bands you'd like to see at PP" thread before the event. Always fun to see what everyone's into though.

Wuthering Heights, Kamelot, Brainstorm, & maybe/maybe a Savatage reunion set....Oh yeah! Glen took care of these request.......I'm looking forward to PPV!!! Thank you Glenn.

To keep in line with the thread......Lana Lane, Lullacry, Iced Earth, Lost Horizon, Rhapsody, Silent Force(again), Freedom Call, Symphorce, & Sonata Artica.

Mephistopheles said:
Poverty's No Crime didn't do much for me. I bought The Chemical Chaos after seeing some people raveing about it here... They don't do anything particularly amazing with that CD. It's all very average and unoriginal stuff.
You're right in that they may not be the most original, but I think they are at least above average musicians. And, with all the crap that is out there, I'll take a band with potential and support the effort. Besides, I don't think we'll get Dream Theater at PP any time soon, so why not get the next best thing? :D

:Smokin:

Enchant
Chrome Shift
Altaria
Dionysus
Royal Hunt
Artension
Masterplan/Jorn
Fates Warning
Rob Rock

Maybe Glenn could be mighty enough to pull off a Crimson Glory reunion...with Midnight on vocals, of course. If he could pull that one off....
KneelSuckers.gif

I can't believe we are doing this already!!!!!

but here it goes

Platitude
Lost Horizon
Akashic
DGM
Masterplan
Time Requiem
Empty Tremor
Symphony X
Circus Maximus
Mirrorstone

Wow! Of all the bands listed, the only bands I actually hope make it to ProgPower are Shaman and maybe DGM. I'm always up for more SX, and they are scheduled to play at all even number ProgPowers up until PPXXII.

I'd love to see Dark Tranquillity at PP, but as was correctly stated, they'd only be invited as the "wildcard" band.

Zod

Dark Tranquility is Tom Englund from Evergrey's least favorite band of all time. Just sayin...

At least that's what he said when I got to sit in on an interview that 2 of my friends did with them.

TheWhisper said:
Enchant
Chrome Shift
Altaria
Dionysus
Royal Hunt
Artension
Masterplan/Jorn
Fates Warning
Rob Rock

Fuckin' A RIGHT, brother.

I just got Ripples in Time by Chromeshift a few weeks ago and am LOVING this CD...:headbang:

And I was lucky enough to catch ENCHANT's IMusicast show in Cally, the 2-hour one recorded for the live DVD, back in March -
:OMG:
These guys are fucking awesome. (as well as some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. They NEED to be at a future ProgPower.)