The first "this band should be at next years prog power" thread

Since a band with extreme vocals played this year I'd love to see Ensiferum hit ProgPower up next year! Otherwise, I'd die to see Elvenking, Running Wild, Dragonforce and Sonata Arctica! Of course I'd love to see Rhapsody live as they're my favorite band, however, I believe they'll be able to pull their own weight for a US tour next year.

A Progressive Black Metal band like Borknagar or Arcturus would rule too ... or even better, a re-united Emperor! Yeah, I'm dreaming ...

SinsAndShadows said:
Which is why I saw a bunch of people bitching about Into Eternity, right? Meh.
If you think there is bitching about Into Eternity, you should have seen the shitstorm that all of the whiners piled down upon Devin Townshend Band after ProgPower III. Into Eternity has been tremendously supported by comparison. Not quite the support that Mercenary got last year, but still a very warm reception. the DTB thing is a damn shame because I would LOVE to see a Strapping Young Lad set at Progpower, and after all the bitching over DTB, i doubt it will ever happen. I really think they would bring the house down. awesome, awesome.

To jump on the bandwagon (not that Glenn is reading these or would change many plans even if he was), my bands I would like to see that have never been to ProgPower (call me old school if you must):

(in alphabetical order)

After Forever
Annihilator
Bruce Dickinson
Iron Savior
Lost Horizon (!!!!!!!!!)
Metal Church
Moonspell
Spastic Ink
Strapping Young Lad (as mentioned above)
Virgin Steele

longer shots (but things i would actually commit murder in order to see):

Arcturus
a Cynic reunion (!!!!!!!!!)
Helstar
Hollenthon (we've had a power/death band and a prog/death band, how about symphonic/death?)
some kind of special Mercyful Fate performance (since they never tour anymore)
Therion

and finally, repeat acts:

Angel Dust (if it can happen)
Gamma Ray
Mercenary
Nightwish
Pagan's Mind
Rage
Spiral Architect with better sound
Zero Hour

that's all for now, folks.

Ryan

MaxX said:
I want to see someone like Opeth or Beyond the Embrace.

Also I want to see some like Porcupine Tree or Fates Warning.

If Fates Warning and Opeth were both on the bill next year I may consider killing my family to go to the show if necessary.

Edit - Kalmah would be nice too
I usually don't get into the death vox (at least not like I used to! :)) but I would love to see all 4 of these bands... I haven't listened to much BtE, but they were great at BWBK, and I got the impression they'd be focusing more on the clean vocals. Besides, we could have a return of the Trashcan O' Beer. :D

That said, I'm not sure how PT would go over, but I've not seen them live and there seem to be a lot of folks into them.

Wishmaster said:
I would really like to see...

Balance of Power (new singer, John K, kicks ass live)
Biomechanical

--Mike
There ya go! And it can hardly be counted a repeat since John's new... I'd love to see them in a better slot, too. And I plan on getting back on my Timescape for ProgPower campaign this year, too. Maybe the new album will actually get put out this year. :p

FIREWIND!!!
DemonLord (Hungary)
Falconer
Gary Hughes
SONATA ARCTICA
Nightwish
MANOWAR (not prog., but friggin' awesome, and it may be the only way to get them to the South!!)

That girl with the flashing devil horns again!! :OMG:

Oooooh, I know: I think a lot of people would like to see a project that includes members of Opeth (at least formerly), Katatonia, and Nightingale at Progpower, right?

BLOODBATH for PPVI!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ryan

Any of these bands would be great to see in the ProgPower setting:

Firewind
Seven Witches
Crystal Eyes
DSG
Feinstein
Rhapsody
Manowar
Helloween
Dream Evil
Elvenking
Pegazus
Mago De Oz
Shaman
Gamma Ray
Twisted Sister

Hmm, we should just have an all-Finnish fest. Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Norther, Mors Principium Est, Kotipelto, Sentenced, Entwine, Ensiferum, Lullacry, H.I.M., Finntroll....

I ruled Strato out since Tolkki is still "not entirely stable." :eek:

Get some money out of Spinefarm and we're on our way. :D

Oh, Hidria Spacefolk would play the pre-show since I couldn't make it to NEARFest. :hotjump:

Pellaz said:
Hmm, we should just have an all-Finnish fest. Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Norther, Mors Principium Est, Kotipelto, Sentenced, Entwine, Ensiferum, Lullacry, H.I.M., Finntroll....

I ruled Strato out since Tolkki is still "not entirely stable." :eek:

Get some money out of Spinefarm and we're on our way. :D

Oh, Hidria Spacefolk would play the pre-show since I couldn't make it to NEARFest. :hotjump:

I like the bands I just listed but if this was the bands, I am bringing my viking hat:Spin:

Firewind
Heavenly
Sonata Arctica
Dark Moor
Axel Rudi Pell
UDO
Edenbridge
Heavens Gate
Narnia
Veni Domine
Nostradameus
Nocturnal Rites
Perzonal War
Power Quest
Secret Sphere
Dragonland
Chincilla
glory opera
Gladiators
Concept
Tuatha De Danann
Crystal Eyes
DSG
Feinstein
Rhapsody
Manowar
Helloween
Dream Evil
Pegazus
Shaman
Gamma Ray

I think you can count on Symphony X with a new CD next year. Hopefully Pagans Mind, Mercenary, Helloween would be cool. I'd like to see Jag Panzer too. I really don't care who plays, I trust Glenn enough to pick the bands. I never listened to eight of the ten bands this year and it was great. I kinda hope he picks a few new ones too. Always up for some stuff I never heard before!

Reading through the lists I'm seeing a bunch I didn't think about the first time, these would also kick ass:

Sinergy
Marshall Law
Mors Principium Est
Helstar/Distant Thunder
Metal Church
Vanden Plas
Bruce Dickenson
Symphony X
Riot
Virgin Steele