Bands that should be at Prog Power!!

Altough they played last year, Nightwish is still the band I want to see. Other than that, I like to see Rhapsody, Beholder, After Forever, Dark Moor, and Running Wild.

yah I forgot Therion, will never happen - but, it's nice to say it every year anyhow. I do like Powergod (whoever mentioned) but I refrain from throwing their name out, along with Manowar's, in fear of the replies that usually follow.. a 50/50 I hate/Ilove discussion. Been there, done that. :)

I forgot Sonata Arctica as well. Maybe a Jeff Scott Soto appearance for an odball. That man can pull material from decades of different projects. (((edit))) think about it... we could hear primo Malmsteen material without the 30 minute guitar solo +plus+ it would entirely be off Marching Out !!!! \m/

Yngvai X said:
Rage needs to come back.
I agree with you there! They're the main reason I went to last year's ProgPower. But, judging from the response they received last year, they might be a tough sell for a 2nd appearance. I was truly shocked by the amount of people who left during their performance, because, in my opinion, they blew the roof off the place!

I'll tell you I haven't even seen them yet and am ready for them to come back.......... Tad Morose. I didn't know Tad Morose from Tiny Tim before the PPV lineup was announced but this band has been growing on me more and more since. They have quickly become THE band I want to see most. Not everyone has the same tastes, but if anyone here hasn't tried this band out you are missing some powerful high quality music. Kudos to Glenn for picking those guys...

Bryant

Masterplan or Jorn (his new album rocks)
Pagan's Mind would be cool again, as would Mercenary
Evergrey
Heavenly
Angra
Vanishing Point
and whatever other goodies Glenn picks

maybe Pyramaze, if all their stuff is as cool as what they posted on the site.

After coming so close to confirming Shaman, and the aftermath of why not, I hope their still will be a strong chance for them to make their N. American Debut at PPUSA. I just hope that their plans and heart is into playing here. A friend of mine from Brazil told me Shaman sees N America as a secondary priority in Int'l touring, whether that is due to cost, fanbase or atleast perceived fanbase by their people and them themselves of N America, or scheduling, etc who knows. My friend tells me South America of course and Europe after that, they are more in network and contact with for tours or potential tours. But I think if they truly knew the fanbase here with Shaman and Angra as well, atleast the level of interest that could be perceived would not be questioned. But I still hope Glenn does as he did last year, trying hard to bring them here.

I'd also basically fantasize a Soundscape reunion or anything involving Rob Volpintesta or Todd Rose. Wolverine would be cool as well as a lot of other indy progressive metal acts that don't tour much if at all in the US.

Kyle

symhony x
evergrey-playing the inner circle straight
Nightwish
King Crimson-if the don't headline it's an insult(literally)-they created prog!!!!
sonata atctica
atleast 1 band i don't care for that much so i can shop during
john arch
magistral
let glenn pick the rest

pre show:Theocracy and Dreamspace(my band-you heard me shane, if we have a full band we're playing),and Akashic

It would be great to have King Crimson, although fripp might be offended if you asked him to play a metal show. They are getting pretty heavy lately.

My suggestions for next year.

Children of Bodom (vocally may be tough for a lot, but musically are incredible)
Sonata Arctica (love to see them!!)
After Forever (liking these guys more and more I hear from them)
Dream Evil
Nightwish
Rage
Freedom Call
Shaman
Angra
Labyrinth
Symphony X

Therion, Sonata Arctica, Ayreon (hey, this is MY universe, where even the impossible is possible!), Children of Bodom (there's no question by now that they NEED to headline something over here, whether it's a tour or a one-shot), Evergrey (of course), Opeth, Devin Townsend again, Superior, Shaman or Angra...... Old Man's Child.... Ozric Tentacles... Okay, now I'm getting silly. :D