Bands that support the troops serving overseas...

"Support the Troops" is probably not the best choice of words because it can be interpreted in a couple different ways, as we've seen in this thread.

seriously. I hate the notion that if you don't go out of your way to say "we support the troops" it's misconstrued as you you want the troops to die. I don't think anyone in The USA wants any of our soldiers to get killed, regardless if they are for or against the war.

also, it's great that bands "supporting you" makes you happy, but it really seems phoney and hack. It's almost like these bands are just aiming for publicity. On that note, whenever a band states their politics people get pissed off and are like "fuck that, just play your music! i don't wanna hear your political opinions" it just seems really "safe" to say you support the troops publicly.

sorry for alittle rant there.

Even though I am vehemently against the current administration in the USA and their illegal war, I am 100% supportive of our troops. It's not our troops' fault we got into this mess, and they are just doing their job. The military is supposed to trust that the commander-in-chief is making wise decisions. While many feel that fundamental trust between president and military was abused in Iraq and Afghanistan, it's a trust that must be respected, lest the military start making the government's decisions - which is how all great countries get ruined.

While I am too young to remember the Vietnam era, you have to keep the Vietnam vets in mind. They were harassed constantly during that time period as well, for being forced into a war that many of them wanted no part of. It was wrong to harass the troops then, just as it is now. This is the new Vietnam, and our troops deserve our support and sympathy. Many of them are going to be with us for a LONG time, with life-changing injuries and mental scars. They deserve our respect, because they went in to do their job, in spite of all the controversy surrounding the war.

I think it's cool that bands are showing their support for our troops, they deserve it. It's important to keep the politics separate from that, it has nothing to fucking do with it.

One spark of hope guys, Last season of bush!

Doesn't mean shit, different face same people.

Lets hope the next guy(or woman) can handle the shit forest bush planted.

I think they're gonna be in this for at least another decade at this point.

And FYI, I do support the troops, not the war :cool: Come back in one piece wolfeman!