Bands that support the troops serving overseas...

It isn´t just oil. All this "troops are in Afghanistan building schools, sewers, roads & generally trying to help" is a lie. They are not building things? I´m not saying that they aren´t building things, but it´s just for the money. When France refused to take part on the american ridiculous war, the first thing that the USA government stated was "ok, so French companies won´t take a share on this".
Ever wondered how much money USA companies (and their allies) are making REBUILDING a country? Why do you think they forbid anyone that didn´t helped them destroy it to rebuild it? But... anyway, I wouldn´t make a song supporting this. Trying to not get OT here : P
The roman empire ruined.

It isn´t just oil. All this "troops are in Afghanistan building schools, sewers, roads & generally trying to help" is a lie. They are not building things? I´m not saying that they aren´t building things, but it´s just for the money.

I really need to stop doing this, but dude, research your facts. Nobody is making any money in Afghanistan. It's costing the Canadian people hundreds of millions to do this. Yes, we're doing it for a loss. IT's not a lie, either. You're just backing up your statements with dogma.

Ok, enough already. I can tell that reasoning with you is pointless, so have a nice day.

It isn´t just oil. All this "troops are in Afghanistan building schools, sewers, roads & generally trying to help" is a lie. They are not building things? I´m not saying that they aren´t building things, but it´s just for the money. When France refused to take part on the american ridiculous war, the first thing that the USA government stated was "ok, so French companies won´t take a share on this".
Ever wondered how much money USA companies (and their allies) are making REBUILDING a country? Why do you think they forbid anyone that didn´t helped them destroy it to rebuild it? But... anyway, I wouldn´t make a song supporting this. Trying to not get OT here : P
The roman empire ruined.

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but in the cities I patrolled last time I was in Iraq, we built a new school, paved over 20 miles of rock roads, built a new police station and a new jail, and also a new town hall. And guess what, our battalions engineers built ALL of it..... So no company made any money at all, except for the Iraqis, who we bought the supplies from. I can't say that it's like that in all of Iraq, but from what I saw, it was not like you explained at all.

It isn´t just oil. All this "troops are in Afghanistan building schools, sewers, roads & generally trying to help" is a lie. They are not building things? I´m not saying that they aren´t building things, but it´s just for the money.

Dude, how the hell would you know? You have a bad habit of making massive, provocative generalizations (like, for example, that thread about downloading music with your tirade of the evil pig record executives or whatever it was).

I'm not gonna even bother debating, and just ask everyone who reads this: can you really take seriously someone who makes such sensationalizing blanket statements? Let's all let him and Diblan make their rants, cuz they know so much about US policy and the inner workings from their own countries, which of course are right next door...

"Support the Troops" is probably not the best choice of words because it can be interpreted in a couple different ways, as we've seen in this thread.

Ohhh...
You,americans-are so easy to believe anything...
Especially lies from your goverment.

See, when you say ignorant, racist shit like this, it totally devalues anything else you've said here, which is too bad because you've made some good points.

Dude, how the hell would you know? You have a bad habit of making massive, provocative generalizations (like, for example, that thread about downloading music with your tirade of the evil pig record executives or whatever it was).

I'm not gonna even bother debating, and just ask everyone who reads this: can you really take seriously someone who makes such sensationalizing blanket statements? Let's all let him and Diblan make their rants, cuz they know so much about US policy and the inner workings from their own countries, which of course are right next door...

I do know what I´m saying. And by the way, it´s not just me. Check this article written on NY Times, for example. I remember have read it on the very beggining of the war. They didn´t even started to destroy that shit but were pretty sure of who would make millions from it. And it´s the NY Times, who last year payed a man to call the president of my country an useless drunk, clearly trying to make him look foolish to the world. It´s easier to kill a president that people doesn´t respect.

Proud Canadian here like OZ. I truly believe we are among the luckiest people in the world because of the country we live in. I have a good job, an education, my family and I are generally safe all the time, I have a warm home to return after attending my well paying job or a long day at the studio and I have close friends across a broad range of nationalities due to the multicultural nature of Canada. I couldn't ask for more.

I think people harming one another no matter what the reason is, for the most part is uncalled for. But one thing I can say is we will never get away from it. Watch a couple documentaries on apes / monkeys. They form gangs and target the weaker members of other groups and beat them until death. Violence has been part of us since the dawn of evolution. If you do not believe in evolution take a quick look at all the war, pain and suffering caused by religion. I am actually surprised most people manage to act as civilized as we do as a planet generally speaking. Whether it is violence for survival or dominance it will be here as long as we are. I do not consider that an excuse but more of a fact of life.

Anyone who does not feel safe where they live and has the financial ability to leave their current country of residence whether you are American, Iraqi or whatever, apply for residence here in Canada! We have plenty of room for you, great health benefits, great job opportunities, excellent beer, marijuana and relatively low violence. I could not imagine living anywhere else and never take this country for granted.

Best wishes to all for the new year.

We have plenty of room for you, great health benefits, great job opportunities, excellent beer, marijuana and relatively low violence. I could not imagine living anywhere else and never take this country for granted.

Best wishes to all for the new year.

Seems like job opportunities are everywhere in the country except in Windsor. ....which is where I live, unfortunately.

But, yeah, I'm in agreement with Devoured. If your country sucks, come on over, we've got the room. .....Just please leave the stupid blood feuds at home. :heh:

Sorry but lets be utterly honest with ourselves...

Who REALLY gives a fuck about the middle east? I mean REALLY gives a fuck... not just says they do as an excuse to bash America?

I have plenty other reasons, stupid drinking age, drive on the wrong side of the road, funny accents, calling trousers "pants", Rob Schnider...

Chill the fuck out!

Edit: Fixed

Sorry I am not so sure :D

This is what you do suckers :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoczfgjFIA

Haha this video is a classic :)

About the whole "support your troops or not" topic I'd agree with others here that the term "support the troops" sounds more to me like "hey buddy go over there kill as many people as you see... be zealous your mission is great... don't think just do the job" than "i feel sorry for you to be sent there... this isn't fair...you're in a deep shit...i have compassion for you and hope you will go through it " (i feel more like the second way)

I have plenty other reasons, stupid drinking age, drive on the wrong side of the road, funny accents, calling trousers "pants", Rob Schnider...

Chill the fuck out!

Edit: Fixed

Yeah yeah yeah, go eat your fucking haggis, skirt-boy!
:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

(massive sarcasm there in case anyone misread that... ....it's all in good fun.)