Bandwagoner thread.

Turbo

Natursekt Black Metal
Jul 13, 2005
Weinheim, Deutschland
www.last.fm
Okay, so everyone has posted every venue on the tour, im not prepared to let the side down. Right, Birmingham Carling Academy 2 gig was good. Support act was really bad. Met up with Brad and Aden once again for the battle! Anyone else go?

They were called Abgott.

I didn't think they were THAT bad..

I think a lot of people these days seem to be slightly too close-minded when it comes to seeing bands they've never really heard before. I was very surprised to hear them get some boo's to be honest.

Think about it.. are they really THAT gay if they're the ones up there on stage performing in front of 600-800 people supporting/touring with TURISAS!.. and we're the ones that are stuck down on the sticky beer covered floor being smothered by fat, sweaty mens arm pits..

Okay, hearing music live for the first time makes it harder to like a band music-wise, because it all just ends up sounding like a wall of noise.. and you can't hear the small details in the guitars/drums etc. that you can when you listen to bands on CD. But still.. they were Black Metal (maybe not the best Black Metal out there).. and isn't that still a million times cooler than any hip-hop/rap shit thats out there these days?.. from what i've heard people say.. it sounds like they're making out that they hate Abgott more than all the chav arseholes around nowadays.

Abgott are still metal.. how come people can't accept them more?.. and i'm sure they are really nice guys aswel. I bet if they were standing at a bar and you'd never seen them before in your life, you'd get along with them and have a laugh as two metal loving people.. and you'd see them as normal, cool, metalheads.

I think if poeple just thought: "oh well, who cares if theyre not the greatest band on earth.. lets just have a drink and enjoy being in a room full of metalheads, instead of being so judgemental and getting myself and people around me all down about this band not being the single most godly band on earth".

I dunno.. things like that just seem to annoy me.

PS - that rant wasn't aimed at anyone in particular :D ..and sorry if its made me come across as a nob head. :D

Just had a listen to Abgott, and I think they kick-ass! But I can see why they were booed at a Turisas concert... I mean Turisas are Folk Metal and Abgott are Hate-Filled Black Metal... I think Turisas choose the wrong support act personally.

No one booed them at Nottingham. They really weren't that bad but it just isn't my style of music. Battle metal and black metal don't really go too well together.

S92

As far as I could hear they didn't get booed in London either.

I had a quick chat with the bassist after the gig who was actually a nice guy. When I told him that I liked what I heard even though I wasn't sure at first he seemed quite pleased. Then again he could have been trying to escape from the rather overexcitable Black girl to get to the booze backstage I don't know...

Yeah.. its like Lordi choosing Turisas as their support..

Lordi must have so many fans that are like 50 year old parents who like a bit of rock here and there.. and only know them from Eurovision.. i wonder what they thought to Turisas! haha

They were called Abgott.

I didn't think they were THAT bad..

I think a lot of people these days seem to be slightly too close-minded when it comes to seeing bands they've never really heard before. I was very surprised to hear them get some boo's to be honest.

Think about it.. are they really THAT gay if they're the ones up there on stage performing in front of 600-800 people supporting/touring with TURISAS!.. and we're the ones that are stuck down on the sticky beer covered floor being smothered by fat, sweaty mens arm pits..

Okay, hearing music live for the first time makes it harder to like a band music-wise, because it all just ends up sounding like a wall of noise.. and you can't hear the small details in the guitars/drums etc. that you can when you listen to bands on CD. But still.. they were Black Metal (maybe not the best Black Metal out there).. and isn't that still a million times cooler than any hip-hop/rap shit thats out there these days?.. from what i've heard people say.. it sounds like they're making out that they hate Abgott more than all the chav arseholes around nowadays.

Abgott are still metal.. how come people can't accept them more?.. and i'm sure they are really nice guys aswel. I bet if they were standing at a bar and you'd never seen them before in your life, you'd get along with them and have a laugh as two metal loving people.. and you'd see them as normal, cool, metalheads.

I think if poeple just thought: "oh well, who cares if theyre not the greatest band on earth.. lets just have a drink and enjoy being in a room full of metalheads, instead of being so judgemental and getting myself and people around me all down about this band not being the single most godly band on earth".

I dunno.. things like that just seem to annoy me.

PS - that rant wasn't aimed at anyone in particular :D ..and sorry if its made me come across as a nob head. :D

Bullshit, that was so aimed at me :lol::lol::lol: Most of your points are only assumptions, although having said that, to an extent I agree with what you're getting at.

EDIT: The gig was fuckin' Epic!! A bright light shining through darkness.