The Official Say Anything Thread

Anything...

Just watching the first episode of Big Bang Theory on DVD. Currently my favorite TV series by far. :)

PS: Korruption, I did not purchase the special T-shirt/signed picture/2-CD digipack version of Iconoclast, but the 2-CD edition is great! At the moment, I like Iconoclat, Reign of Madness, When All is Lost and End of Innocence best.

Hey man. I haven't been on many forums lately. I've lost interest in Seventh Wonder so right now there's no reason to post there, I got what CDs I've been looking forward to, waiting for Pyra-news, can't wait for Saints Row: The Third, tried Garry's Mod on Steam for a couple days but got overwhelmed and that's that. :D

So there's how thrilling my month has been.

Hey guys, just checking in for those of you that are left! How is everyone?

Oh, same old, you know? Joined Urban's forum a week ago. Not a whole lot going on over there. Heard a new piece of music he did called Last of Days which is pretty cool.

Caught the stream of Iced Earth's last show with Matt on vocals from Wacken last weekend - fucking amazing show.

I am fully engulfed in the Sabaton discography right now, devouring every bit of every album and hunting down bootlegs. Looking forward to getting their 2cd/dvd live digibook in September.

And lastly, I'm wondering why the fuck are there soooooooo many fucking amazing bands coming out of Scandinavia these days? It blows my mind.:hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::yow::yow::yow::yow::yow:

*goes back to "anything" mode*

Anyone else worried that Deconstruction was Devin's final metal record? I saw this quote: "I’m very rapidly realizing that humor and metal… it doesn’t really work" and ragefarted. Deconstruction was his most entertaining work since Ziltoid (and speaking of Ziltoid - is he making just an instrumental or a puppet show interviewer out of the character?).

To condense all of that but say it differently; I'm worried the much softer and boring shit stuff like Ki and Ghost will be his main focus from now on. It's a shame too cause no one did the heavy stuff like him. :err:

Hey guys, just checking in for those of you that are left! How is everyone?

Yeah, I'm alive at least... bit too much of work at the moment. Well, no whining, it could be much worse.

Like all of us here, I'm (im)patiently waiting for any news we might get. At least it's good to know that new stuff is being written at the moment. :)

:kickass:

Still somewhat lurking, waiting patiently for news.
Other than that I saw Matt's last show like Burnt Offerings and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am please that PERSUADER has finally posted more samples and has 11 songs to put on an album!

Is Urban's Last of Days from his solo project Trail of Murder?

Is Urban's Last of Days from his solo project Trail of Murder?

No, The Last Days is one the songs that might end up on a solo album some time... but as Urban (luckily) seems to rather concentrate on the band(s) he's in (Trail of Murder is not a solo project), his solo stuff is only dealt with when there is some spare time left... thus he also decided to make this one song available for download. Some more might follow. :)

His solo songs are (completely) different to anything he has yet released. Much more use of keyboards and different vocal styles...

Yea their UM page has been pretty much abandoned. So far I am pleased with what I hear.
Yeah I went there a few times and it's a joke.

I'd like to hear that song. Is it on his forum for download? Or at least a sample streaming?
That cat was METUL AZ TEHZ FOK! Good thing I stuck around to hear some kickass shit though. :D I'd also like to know if this will be released out as a sample or something. :headbang:

I just came back from a short trip to the Discworld. :D

Interesting things on www.powerlinemag.com... Unexpect seems to be a band worth checking out.

Did you write the reviews of the new albums of Communic and Opeth, Marc? While I agree that The Bottom Deep is quite a bit boring, I guess I'm one out of maybe three people that actually like Heritage. But I also happen to like Watershed. Still I think that all their older albums (except Damnation) are much better though.

But apart from some sections I really like Heritage. Though I have to admit that if I were Mikael Akerfeldt I had released this album as a side-project as it is very far away from anything Opeth has ever done.