Bare Knuckle Painkiller Bridge and Cold Sweat Neck, Black Covers

Rogueleader

Bringer Of Rain
Oct 21, 2009
Edit: Both Sold, thanks for the interest guys.

1-1.jpg

Up for sale is a Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat Neck Model (50mm standard spacing) pickup with black cover. It was only installed in a guitar for ~3 days. It comes with all the accessories (mounting screws/springs,manual,sticker, original box) and still has tons of lead. It is perfect functionally and is still in beautiful aesthetic condition. I'm looking to get $110 shipped on this. EDIT: Price reduced on Cold sweat to $95 shipped.

Painkiller Bridge is sold.

In terms of references I have numerous references selling guitars on HC,Sevenstring, and Metalguitarist, you can check my itrader feedback on the last two here:

Sevenstring iTrader: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/itrader.php?u=16838

Metalguitarist iTrader: http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/itrader.php?u=812 (You have to be a member to view)

I also have 100% feedback under the name supernaut88 on ebay.

Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

If you have any questions or would like some specific pictures taken PM me here or email me at garrettbockman@gmail.com

Curious as to what color that Painkiller is under the cover?

I think they're black. I'll drop tim an email and check. Alternatively I can trem pick on it for another 6 months and I'm sure it will wear the cover away.

hahahah all good man, I'm actually going to have to rescind any offer I implied by asking the color, looking for something a little different than the PK unfortunately.

Don't worry about it, I already sold it to someone on SS.org. Those guys are ravenous for BKs.

A little OT, but I saw a post of yours on some pickup forum about the Suhr Aldrich. What do you think of it.?

I actually had the Suhr SSH+ and SSV+, but the Aldrich is supposed to be a hotter, less bassy version of the SSH+. I actually found the SSH+ to be a bit too hot and compressed for my tastes - kind of 'small' sounding with how focused it was, if that makes sense. Incredibly fun to play and was cool for leads, if a bit on the harsher side, but with a warm guitar it would be pretty cool. the SSV+ is probably my favorite neck humbucker to date, though - fucking killer lead and clean sound, super clear and articulate but also quite warm and pleasing to the ear. I had both in a Schecter C-1 Stealth, so mahogany w/maple/rosewood setneck.

I actually had the Suhr SSH+ and SSV+, but the Aldrich is supposed to be a hotter, less bassy version of the SSH+. I actually found the SSH+ to be a bit too hot and compressed for my tastes - kind of 'small' sounding with how focused it was, if that makes sense. Incredibly fun to play and was cool for leads, if a bit on the harsher side, but with a warm guitar it would be pretty cool. the SSV+ is probably my favorite neck humbucker to date, though - fucking killer lead and clean sound, super clear and articulate but also quite warm and pleasing to the ear. I had both in a Schecter C-1 Stealth, so mahogany w/maple/rosewood setneck.

I think it was either the gibson forum or the SD forum, but the consensus seemed to be it wasn't as "thick" as stock pickups. I know its a pretty hot pickup, but since I haven't played one in person I'm wondering if it has enough grind/articulation/aggression. I like the BK painkiller for grind but its too harsh for me.

Thanks for the heads up on the SSV+ I've been looking for a neck pickup that has really nice cleans, I'll have to check that one out. I'm putting it in a what is (for all intents and purposes) a les paul (90s jackson AT) wood combination.

Yeah i definitely agree with the 'not as thick' comments - I would've been posting on the SD forum, for what it's worth.

It's definitely got grind and articulation, though. It was a little grating on top for me but I'm not into ceramic magnets for bridge pickups in the first place, so YMMV!