BareKnuckle aftermath help

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Hey all,

I have some problem with my Ibanez that has BareKnuckle Aftermaths. I just can't setup the height to anything good sounding (enough attack and output) without having a serious feedback problem.

I play on an ENGL Savage, which has a Ibanez Tubescream in front. When using my LTD, which has D-Activators and which I was able to setup in order to have a nice attack and good output, I have no feedback. I even tested it with the noisegate off and no feedback.

If I unplug the LTD and switch to the Ibanez, unless I set the pickup to their lowest, I have insane feedback, as if I would be at maximum gain on everything. If I raise them a bit, the feedback starts right away. And, you can hear that I still have less output than with the LTD (you hear the Ibanez having less attack, less gain, etc.). But still the LTD has no feedback with the exact same setting, playing position, etc!

I have no idea how to solve this. Any idea what causes the problem? I have a hard time believing it's just the nature of the pickup...

Could it be the shielding in the guitar or whatever? I have no clue what I'm talking about, but I'm throwing this out in case... But then I'm thinking, if the shielding is the issue, I would have noise issues at any pickup position.

Anyway, thx for any help

Ok, looking online for the proper term that would describe the issue I have is that the Aftermath is having "Microphonic Feedback". So... how do I fix that? It seems related to the fabrication process of the pickups, so apart from changing, is there anything else I can do?

Exactly like this video from Youtube:

Last edited: