Bareknucle Warpig or Juggernaut or EMG 57-7H ???

texisthebest

Dec 23, 2009
My cave
Bare Knuckle Painkiller or EMG 57-7H

(I want to change my EMG 707 of my Schecter Hellraiser C7.
Body: Mahogany w/Quilted Maple.
Neck: 3-pc Mahogany and Finger Board: Rosewood)

What is your opinion about these pickups?:loco:

Edit: I'm between Bare Knuckle Painkiller and EMG 57-7H now.

Hey dude!

I just ordered one a day ago, after getting alot of info about these pick-ups. If you want a slightly thinner, middier sound then go for the Aftermath. But, i´d really recommend the Painkiller pick-up. Just amazing!

Hey dude!

I just ordered one a day ago, after getting alot of info about these pick-ups. If you want a slightly thinner, middier sound then go for the Aftermath. But, i´d really recommend the Painkiller pick-up. Just amazing!

So the Painkiller are better than the juggernaut from your point of view?

I find it hard to make a decision because it is hard to know how it will sound.

To be honest, you'll have great results with all three. From what I've read/heard, the Juggernaut is the more versatile of the three though. That being said, its still a pretty new pickup so a lot of people are still testing the waters with it, so to speak.

To be honest, you'll have great results with all three. From what I've read/heard, the Juggernaut is the more versatile of the three though. That being said, its still a pretty new pickup so a lot of people are still testing the waters with it, so to speak.

Yes, It's the problem with new things...
I'm waiting trying to wait to know better :rofl:

I'm assuming you are planing on drilling the guitar, cause passives in C7 require grounding that 707 doesn't need or have?

I'm assuming you are planing on drilling the guitar, cause passives in C7 require grounding that 707 doesn't need or have?

Yes, you're right, I don't like having to drill my guitar but I understand that it will be worth. I'll let a professional do it and hope he does well.

What don't you like about the 707s and what kind of sound are you looking for? Also what rig do you play through. All 3 are very different pickups.

I would not recommend Alnico pickups in a guitar like that so that would rule the Juggernaut out and the Warpig would be insanely bassy in it. I haven't tried the 57-7 but the 6 string version is awesome.

I was thinking of changing the pickups in my C-7 but i sold it instead. I would have gone with a mid to hi output ceramic since it was a very warm sounding guitar. Something like a Seymour Duncan Nazgul would really tighten it up and not be to bright.

Someone has recomend me the Painkiller because of the woods specs of my guitar.
Anyway I was under a GAS attack but I think it will wait and see more tests before buying other pickups.