Baron Rojo <--- Wyvern

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Hey Wyvern, I see that you have a Baron Rojo cover as you avatar. I've been wanting to check them out, what are they like, who would you compare them to?

Baron Rojo is in my opinion the PREMIER heavy metal band of Spain. They shaped the way metal should be in their country (even if there are numerous older bands) and in my language.
Contemporaries of the NWOBHM, their second album was also recorded in English with the help of Bruce Dickinson.

Baron Rojo initially driven by the De Castro brothers (Armando and Carlos) on guitars, José Luis Campuzano (Sherpa) on bass/vocals and Hermes Calabria on drums were a quartet that put HEAVY METAL in Spanish as a foirce to be recognized and respected. I followed them until their fifth album, and then lost track. Eventually they replaced the rythm section an carried on up to this day (discography available at www.metal-archives.com).

Is pure classical heavy metal, akin maybe to some Judas Priest, Saxon, Scorpions. I recommend extensively the second album "Volumen Brutal" and the fourth "En Un Lugar De La Marcha".

I guess you'll have to hear them to judge by thyself :D

Not cheap, but their albums are available at CDUniverse.