Bash on Ash comes back with live music, any thoughts?

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
Bash on Ash comes back with live music
The following article is from the Arizona Republic on 2005.08.20.

Bash on Ash comes back with live music.

The live music scene in Tempe slipped away last year with a whimper. And just as quietly, one local venue is trying to revive the rock.

Bash on Ash is back, not with glitz, not even a lighted sign. It’s new home is tucked inside McDuffy’s Sports Bar in what used to be Club Bash, 230 W. Fifth Street.

This weekend marks the reopening of the homegrown music venue that will offer live shows for the 21 and older crowd Friday and Saturday.

Operators of McDuffy’s closed Bash on Ash in January 2004 to pave the way for the dance spot. Co-owner Scott Adams said it made sense at the time – live music in Tempe was on its deathbed. Nita’s Hideaway had closed and Long Wong’s on Mill would follow.

But Club Bash wasn’t the answer. “People don’t want to dress up and dance in Tempe,” Adams said. The new Bash is casual, with plenty of seating and an intimacy like Long Wong’s.

“we’re looking at more of a plug and play, not wall of sound or stge-diving situation,” Adams said. “We’ll see how it evolves. I kind of want to take baby steps and grow back into it.”

For details and listings: www.mcduffys.com/tempe/

yea seriously. ill tell you what. that place used to rock ass for shows. you could party up in the back room all night and bring chicks up there and shit, it just felt like a real show.

Yeah The Clubhouse has a very small backstage, same with Bash on Ash, The Marquee has 3 rooms fairly decent size to chill in, other than that, I dont know any other venues that metal bands play in that have decent backstage areas. The Hardrock should have shows.

I know the Cajun house has some backstage rooms. There is one on the downstairs area and a huge one on the upstairs area. I saw that during the Suffocation/Satyricon show back in May 2003. Who knows what it has now. I look forward to playing that venue sometime.