Basic (Start Up) Drum Sample Software vs Pro (Advanced)

Dec 16, 2010
Under the heading of .... I'm a guitarist, not a drummer, Damn It!!

I've done real drum recording, and MIDI drum demos, but this is going to be the first time I'm going to use drum trigger replacement software

What's the difference between start-up software (basic) and Pro software? Can't I buy any of the available $100 software programs like EZ Drummer, and then get samples online for more sample choices? My concern though is, am I limited to a certain number of toms/cymbles I can play at one time? For instance, if i wanted to do a Rush cover, could i do it on EZ Drummer?

I'm broke, so any help getting started on the cheap would be welcomed.

Best bet is to save up and go for superior or slate and use the multi out function, then buy aptrigga and sample repalce if you want. There's 1000s of samples on this forum! Also check out LSD drum samples :)

Yes, I found Steve Slate EZ for $99 on Sweetwater.com. I have the Erken drum samples thead downloads. Any others on the forum?

I would just buy S2.0 and TRIGGER EX. You get the Slate samples plus an awesome drum replacer, pair that with the cymbals/rooms of S2.0 and you're set.

I would just buy S2.0 and TRIGGER EX. You get the Slate samples plus an awesome drum replacer, pair that with the cymbals/rooms of S2.0 and you're set.
I second this, but sadly you don't have the money.

The phase "You pay for what you get!" comes in handy here. ;)

Addictive kick and snare is pretty usable mixed with other samples(the kick can work great on its own with the right processing)
i've used a slate z4 and the stock addictive snare at the same time and it came out great.

So I say, if you're programming, save and get Superior.
If you are doing real drums, get Trigger EX, or save more and get platinum.