Drum sample question?

Dec 19, 2003
I've read the thread above on drum sampling, but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I have a copy of ez drummer and BFD drums, but I would like to IMPORT drum sounds (samples of snares, kicks etc from .wav files) into one of these programs (or any midi program) to lay down some drum tracks (instead of using the preset sounds on ez drummer and BFD).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Make ez drummers mixer multi out, put drumagog or aptrigga on the tracks as inserts, load your samples.

Drumagog and apTrigga are software. Free? apTrigga is like $50-something, free enough ;)

~006

For some reason I thought drumagog was a piece of hardware... So it is not possible to trigger my samples without aptrigga?

For some reason I thought drumagog was a piece of hardware... So it is not possible to trigger my samples without aptrigga?

drumagog costs a bit more than aptrigga ... you said you basically wanted free which really isn't gonna happen but the next best thing would be aptrigga which, as stated a couple times above, is as close to free as you can get for a quality plugin.

point being that if you already invested in something like ez drummer and all, you shouldn't have a problem throwin down another $50 for a plugin that will do what you want and do it well

Okay, sorry for being such a spazz guys, I've got drumagog working. It is only the crappy 14 day version tho, anyone know where I can download the full version from?

Can I also ask if drumagog allows you to import .wav files as samples or just .gog files? The demo version doesn't allow you to import anything so I have no way of testing...

Okay, sorry for being such a spazz guys, I've got drumagog working. It is only the crappy 14 day version tho, anyone know where I can download the full version from?

You buy it. You don't ask for pirated software in this forum. Personally I don't give a shit if someone uses warez, we just want to keep that out of here.

If I misunderstood and you meant to ask where to buy it, the answer is http://www.drumagog.com/

Can I also ask if drumagog allows you to import .wav files as samples or just .gog files? The demo version doesn't allow you to import anything so I have no way of testing...

Yes, you can load .wav files.

you have to pay for the full version

after all this asking about cheap and free and getting aptrigga as your solution, you go with drumagog

yes you can use drumagog loaded with wav samples

I'm off duty now