MIDI Keyboard

DaveKillswitch

New Metal Member
Oct 30, 2012
Please tell me the use of MIDI Keyboard? I have a drum program EZ Drummer(Drum Kit From Hell) its very hard to make a drum beats with mouse. Can i use for programming the drums?

Sure thing, just play your beat with the keyboard then quantize/humanize and add fills and stuff. I've always been fine with programming with the mouse and humanizing it but I can see why it could get tedious for some.

i use a midi keyboard to eq my drums. makes it easy when you can control what and when you wanna hear it

if you guys can help me how to programm a drums easily i will be very happy..like humaninzing My Daw is Cubase 5

Just keep practicing the piano roll. Also always keep your left hand on control + v and control + c

Copying and pasting kick drums patterns and snares literally cuts your programming time in half. I don't understand why everybody hates programming and it takes them forever. I enjoy it so much and it takes me all of 20 minutes to do a full song with fills and everything

I love the drum editors in cubase and reaper. No note lenghths just single hits that look like a diamond. Also the biggest plus is drum maps. Its so much easier to program drums when you are looking at the drums labeled instead of a piano.