Bass guitar played by a computer

the thing interesting me the most would be the control-algorithm , how he approached the problem of making linear runs over 4 strings with maximum effectiveness

That's truly amazing, thanks for posting.
Uladyne: I reckon its the consistency and is probably programmed using MIDI notes (which are most likely grid aligned)

It's more likely to be the consistency of the pick attack, time aligning stuff doesn't make it sound that consistent as much as limited velocity scope.

Thats what I meant by consistency, the pick attack. I believe that programming the pick attack to be randomly harder/softer will add that human feel, not only because it will sound different but the velocity will change as a side effect. SKYNET IS TAKING OVER

I think I just found my favorite bass player! One that plays perfectly without the need to remind him to practise and one who keeps to himself and doesn't try to effect the music too much. What is there not to love? MUSE!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm a bit confused at how the thing plays because at all times I can see all 4 strings playing ?

I'd be happy to pay him to play my midi files and get DI wavs :D