Bass Guitar

About how much you looking to spend? Not sure what your currency is over there... but you can get a decent guitar for around $200 USD. I'm thinking a "Squier." Thats what I started on, Not great, but then its not complete shit.

I got a cheap Jackson Bass for $80....Not the best bass in the world, but it sounds great and no problems at all playing it. Definatly worth the price I paid.

VEHEMENCE said:
Cort HAHA Those basses suck ass, anyone ever have those guitars with the built in amp inside of them from Toy R us, I didnt but I knew some kids that did. Played it and the guitar sucked ass.

Their guitars suck. Top line Basses? No..

Its a 34" through neck, flamed maple and a fat 5 peice African wenge running right down the middle of her.

Bartolini MK1 Soapbars with a Bartolini pre-amp/ EQ ( this feature is switchable meaning the bass is active and also passive so you get to decide)

Hipshot machine heads and a knob for blending ( this feature means you can chose how much each pick up is actually picking up )

The Bartolini's have this sort of mid range strength thats seems to come natural passive or active and when roaring sounds awesome but even if its not wanted by the user the built in pre-amp / EQ can get rid of that. Also the type of wood and it being a through neck means that the bass plays itself and the note just rings right through. They only problem i have with this bass is the Abalone dot inlays, hardly something to fuss over.

I know that cort used to be shit with everyhitng but they now are up and coming with their basses, and seriously endorse them as best choice for first bass, its the most versitle bass i know to exist and also the best bass for money i know to exist. :headbang:

But i guess it all comes down to preference....