Bass-ic Respects...!

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Some bass related props came flooding in as of late. Don't ask me why, I've had the same type of callouses forever, but now there's been a type of realisation of some of my lowendedness.

So the first one is www.fretlessbass.com - quite an honor to be on that list, wait until you see it!

And for you Turk-comprehending; www.basgitarist.com - not in English, but some cool in-depth questions (maybe I should post the English version that I sent them...?).

And lastly, the new issue, June 2007 of Guitar World's BASS GUITAR magazine has a cool feature on me inside. I think it's out everywhere now (it's the one with the Fall Out Boy bassist on the cover).

And there you go. Why now - who knows...but even though I usually like to let my playing speak for itself...I guess I can bask in a little vanity and pride for a while, it's cool to be appreciated afterall. And the email has been flowing in with a lot of positive words and thanks for standing up tall in a most-oft disrespectful and uninterested genre for low end in all it's mis-standardized square waved redundancy. Evidently I'm either one of - the last of a dying breed; or a pioneer of a new one. Didn't realize that this type of music came with a fight for decibels, and the shark-like need to swim against the current to stay alive. But I'd never trade it for anything, and I'll never stop appreciating the bond of us bassists in heavy/extreme music.
Thanks to you, fellow thumpers...I only get this kind of recognition because you have chosen me to represent you and the low end of metal...!
SDG

Some bass related props came flooding in as of late. Don't ask me why, I've had the same type of callouses forever, but now there's been a type of realisation of some of my lowendedness.

So the first one is www.fretlessbass.com - quite an honor to be on that list, wait until you see it!

And for you Turk-comprehending; www.basgitarist.com - not in English, but some cool in-depth questions (maybe I should post the English version that I sent them...?).

And lastly, the new issue, June 2007 of Guitar World's BASS GUITAR magazine has a cool feature on me inside. I think it's out everywhere now (it's the one with the Fall Out Boy bassist on the cover).

And there you go. Why now - who knows...but even though I usually like to let my playing speak for itself...I guess I can bask in a little vanity and pride for a while, it's cool to be appreciated afterall. And the email has been flowing in with a lot of positive words and thanks for standing up tall in a most-oft disrespectful and uninterested genre for low end in all it's mis-standardized square waved redundancy. Evidently I'm either one of - the last of a dying breed; or a pioneer of a new one. Didn't realize that this type of music came with a fight for decibels, and the shark-like need to swim against the current to stay alive. But I'd never trade it for anything, and I'll never stop appreciating the bond of us bassists in heavy/extreme music.
Thanks to you, fellow thumpers...I only get this kind of recognition because you have chosen me to represent you and the low end of metal...!
SDG

Steve, you deserve it and i'm sure there will be a lot more to come ,your talent and originality has and will inspire many more to come to the low end. Well it has for me. :headbang:

By the way you should post the english version of that Turk interview that you did , we'll all enjoy it.

i remember Steve also had an feature in www.basgitarist.com . Its in Turkish,if u interested check that : http://www.basgitarist.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=140&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

By the way im proud of that Steve is interested in www.basgitarist.com
You really takin care about webzines...
We hope to see U in Turkey soon....

Steve, you deserve it and i'm sure there will be a lot more to come ,your talent and originality has and will inspire many more to come to the low end. Well it has for me. :headbang:

Same for me.
Anyway I think that there are a lot of underestimated players in Metal (not only bass players). It's time that people begins to be really open-minded and think about it.

This is really awesome! Congrats! You really really do deserve it. It's cool that you chose Sharpen Your Mind Tools by Vintersorg. I think you are amazing on that song and that album!

congrats, at last someone recognize your talent.

thanx steve, for you now i'm a fretless bass player and it's the best thing in the world!!!

I'm just a begginer on fretless but it was the same for me, thank you!

Oh, man how are you? the ensiferum pics are awesome!!!!

with my death tribute band, now we're playing "expect the unexpected" from control denied... great song!

Oh, Steve... you had inspired so many people... it's a fact you deserve a lot more than that, but it's Ok.