Bass question

Summer_Dying said:
Can someone suggest a bass for a player with smaller hands? I want something decent and that is affordable.

Finnaly a thread for bass players hehehe

When I started out I played an Epiphony P-bass copy now I know what your gonna say "Epi's suck" but dude trust me it is a great guitar and has never done me wrong the neck is nice and small it has 21 frets and is perfect for the player with small hands now I just looked at musicians friends and well they dont have that guitar but check this one out it has a small neck and might be just what you need of course I dont know what your budget looks like so I will post a few that I think look good :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030629234101066222048120595396/g=bass/g=bass/search/bigpid/base_id/36615/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030629234101066222048120595396/g=bass/g=bass/search/bigpid/base_id/54752/
This one is a jackson cmg I own the exzact same guitar cept the color is different And I must say out of the 7 bass guitars I own this is the best its easy to play and sounds Incredible out of these two links this would be the one to get I hope I have helped you out lemme know what you think and if the links worked:wave:

I don't think Epi's suck.... my first electric guitar was an Epiphone Strat model. I have had it for almost 9 years, and it has endured so much abuse. Being slammed on the floor, thrown out in the snow, strings ripped from it, different temperature and humidity changes.... and it still plays today. If I subject my high end Jackson to the same sort of abuse, it would break. For the money, you really cannot beat an Epiphone... (IMO)

Lethe78 said:
I don't think Epi's suck.... my first electric guitar was an Epiphone Strat model. I have had it for almost 9 years, and it has endured so much abuse. Being slammed on the floor, thrown out in the snow, strings ripped from it, different temperature and humidity changes.... and it still plays today. If I subject my high end Jackson to the same sort of abuse, it would break. For the money, you really cannot beat an Epiphone... (IMO)

YES an EPI man they really are great guitars I have 2 The P-bass copy And An Explorer nice guitars the bodies are of High quality the electronics are not so great but what can you expect tho I cant say I have ever done anything that extreme to my epi's but I do understand the different temperature and humidity changes since I live in the state right next to ya
and I'm sure Vts weather is not any nicer to guitars than Nhs ...... the humidty rusting the strings 4 days after you by them and what not and yeah your right the Jackson would NEVER hold up to the abuse an Epiphone could

Lethe78 said:

Your high-end jackson was designed to take a LOT of abuse. It should be able to stand a few years of constant touring and the abuse that comes with it. 1 good tour would probably equal 5-10 years of regular at home daily use...

USA Jacksons are some of the most durable and well built guitars money can buy.

If you're saying it's not a tank like the Epi was, you're probably right... But unless you actually try to break your Jackson, you probably won't... :p

xenophobe said:
Your high-end jackson was designed to take a LOT of abuse. It should be able to stand a few years of constant touring and the abuse that comes with it. 1 good tour would probably equal 5-10 years of regular at home daily use...

USA Jacksons are some of the most durable and well built guitars money can buy.

If you're saying it's not a tank like the Epi was, you're probably right... But unless you actually try to break your Jackson, you probably won't... :p

Thats a good point I have Had My Jackson CMG for a year now and it has held up to me and my general abuse I tend to hit my guitars when in the heat on the moment and the only thing that has broken on it so far is the Bass eq knob I love it its a sweet lookin and sounding guitar though its no tank compared to the epi:)

how small are your hands exactly? i'm a guy with smaller hands than 99% of guys and a fair amount of women too and can still stretch my way round the bottom 4 frets of a full scale 6 string bass without any trouble, everyone has their own way of doing things though. warwicks have nice little necks on them...3 quarter scale basses are cool though http://smallsizeguitars.the-mall.net/bass2.html

hopefully that should help....

Do NOT get a P if you have small hands! I love my P-bass but it is similar to gripping a baseball bat! Look into a Fender Jazz (or copy), Music Man Ernie Ball, or an Ibanez.

Don't get a short scale neck, the sound sucks.

Small hands are no problem at all. Take a look at Mr. Sean Malone (Cynic - Aghora). He have small hands, but handles any bass with ease. Just find your own way.