Bass reamping questions

Real easy. Depending on the number of stages in either the sansamp or the 6505, the reamps may or may not come back 180 degrees out of phase with the source, just phase flip and it is fixed. From there, just time align, and you are all set. Nothing outside of that that you need to worry about.

The delay will come from the time it takes for the sound to travel from the speaker to the microphone. Time align it then. Just going through electronics won't induce any phase issues.

Voxengo Pha-979 :

http://www.voxengo.com/product/pha979/

I think pretty much every DAW has the option to nudge each track a few Ms you can do it this way too. By knowing what's the round trip latency...

I always align the phase myself though I like to think it's easier or better this way...anybody care to comment if it's better this way or not ?

Also the 1khz sine wave you guys talk about any link on that?
Or you just send it through the amp/mic and compare both phases (recorded sine wave with the original sine wave) and drag/align your recorded bass with it at the same time?

Melda Plugins are great! I use that plug occasionally. Usually to align my overheads to each other and on multi-miced guitars... that's it I think haha. Works really well!

I've tried using it on the whole drum kit... it may work for some, but I didn't like it. For the purpose of lining up DI/Mic/Sansamp bass tracks, it should work great!

4ms is quite normal for that kind of process, that's from the cable mostly. I don't know why you are belaboring this so much, all you do is reamp and then time align. Time aligning is an engineer skill, and you should learn how to do it. It's one of the more simple things we can do, all things considered, but it's still very important. If you like I could even reamp for you and send you the final source mix.

when i reamped the bass i noticed that there was a delay and im asking if it needs time align, and how.
i will use cubase delay for that (what u use in general?)

there is also a delay when you reamp guitars
and what about reamped guitars and bass, do you time align them ?