Bass saddles don't move forward

I honestly don't know if this is how it's done properly but you can just push the saddles with your fingers in the direction of the neck... then they'll move ;)
It works the other way round too if they don't want to move immediately haha

We had the same problem but it worked in the end, more or less: When the bass is in tune in the 12th fret (also the harmonics) and when played with an empty string it's all fine. But it's still slightly out of tune for ALL frets from the first until the 12th which is really annoying and something I have never witnessed before. Let me know if it's the same with your bass... we're thinking its the crappy quality control and bad luck because even after 30 minutes I couldn't get it right. Never had problem with my guitars.

(we = the bassist and I)

If the screw starts backing out from the bridge plate, just push with the screwdriver every couple of turns to force the saddle forward. Either that, or loosen the strings with each adjustment. But honestly, just push the screw back in with the screwdriver. It's easier and less time consuming that way.

That makes sense. What Jipchen said sounds kind of like what's happening for me, though I haven't messed with it 100% yet due to this problem. I got it in tune on the 12th and 5th frets, but 3 and 7 were off, etc. Everything above 12 is especially flat.