Question about guitar parts(nut and saddles)

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
I need to buy a new nut for my schecter c1xxx guitar to compensate for b standard tuning. The slots in the nut I have now are too narrow and the strings don't fit in them. I had to file the slots to make them fit. What size nut do I need to get and what brand/kind? I also need new bridge saddles as well for the same reason. Right now the low b string just rests over it and not in the slot. Again, I don't know what size/brand to get. My bridge is a tune o matic bridge for a string-thru body. It's what came stock with my schecter. I'd appreciate any help.

Do like I did with my explorer: Mount the strings at the gauge you intend to use for your tuning, go to a luthier and say to him that you need a new nut (graphite is good and not expensive) and he will place it, set up your guitar neck and action to accomodate the change.

I paid 20 euros for this in 2003 in Milan.

It's really better than do it yourself with files and stuff if you never did it before with 'throw away guitars'.

Any descent guitar luthiere should be able to file the nut/saddles for you and set it up. I would highly recommend that if you're going to do that though, remove the original nut/saddles ( assuming you haven't already butchered them yourself ) and buy replacements to have put on and filed. Just my .02 cents.

Use Graphtech saddles. Theay help stay in tune and they all have an equal string slot that will hold a real heavy gauge string. I have done this to all my guitars. Fabbio speaks the truth about the nut. Graphtech there also and have it fit to your guitar and gauge string. MentallyGuitarded makes a great point also, save the originals seperately.