Fucking Schecter!!! Went to Intonate my Diamond Series and Bridge a Bit Too Close!!

There are guitars designed for standard tuning. Nowadays every guitar has the "bigger" bridge (13mm) because they understood (a little late) that who buys Schecter or Esp, probably would tune down.
My C1 elite is the older version of this one:
elite_02.jpg

As you can notice the one on the photo has the new 13mm bridge. Of course I replaced those shitty Duncan Design with a set of EMG's

Soultrash, there is nothing wrong with the holes in the guitar man. The bridge just isn't as wide as newer models. That's all there is to it. Wider bridge = more room to play with on the saddles, that's all. You say you get it, but you keep talking about nonsense, trying to imply Schecter is making guitars incorrectly. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

i got this but what i meant is...in this case, why are the
holes not drilled differently to compensate the whole thing,
so that only tiny adjustments are required, or is this jus not
possible due to the strings and the tuning of the guitar
which affect curvature of the neck and the scale.

when people are designing guitars,
do they think about that the scale will change when strings
are put on, i guess they don't :lol:

cheers
S.

Soultrash, there is nothing wrong with the holes in the guitar man. The bridge just isn't as wide as newer models. That's all there is to it. Wider bridge = more room to play with on the saddles, that's all. You say you get it, but you keep talking about nonsense, trying to imply Schecter is making guitars incorrectly. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

this.

haha, yeah i wasn't really in the possession of brain when i wrote this, i need stop drinking.
sorry for the annoyance! :)

Thank You, Xes - I got an "after market", 13mm bridge for my Schecter, and I no longer have any intonaton problems!!!

The tech where I bought it installed the bridge 13mm bridge and intonated the guitar for free (I tiped him though). Shout out to the Fret House in Covina, CA on Citrus Ave. If you live in the So Cal area, check them out for all your guitar repair needs!

What do you mean by this, Dan? Did Schechter's build quality drop across the board when they shifted over to Indonesia or something?

+1....

Are they still building their top end models in Korea? Very happy Loomis C-7 user here and I've been considering getting the non-trem version at some point as an alternate, but not if the build quality isn't up to par.

My Hellraiser is about... 6 or so years old now, I think. Curious whether the build quality since has improved or become worse. Need to know because some bands have had interest in buying similar models after playing mine, and I need to make sure I'm not leading them into a trap!

I can't comment on build quality, but I do know they have regularly updated their models for different pickups, tuners, bridges, etc. for the better. From my experience schecter does seem to have a pretty good QC. I have yet to come across a mid-high end schecter with any serious flaw.

The Loomis is the last good Schecter, since it's not coated in plastic and actually resonates.

My Blackjack ATX resonates well but you are right about the paintjob. I want to chop the paint so bad. I just need to gather my courage. :lol: