Bass solos

Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
I don't think I've heard a metal song with an impressive bass solo, with the exception of bass guitar instrumentals ("A Bit Of Finger" and "Pulling Teeth").
Do you all think that the bass is an instrument that is equally valid as drums and guitar in metal music, and deserving of solos? Also, what are some metal songs with kick ass bass solos which I should listen to?

Not a bass solo but Sadus has some awesome bass playing. Personally i think of the bass as a background for the guitar so it shouldn't really have a solo, sure there can be technical bass work for certain bands but a full out solo for just the bass doesn't make that much sense to me.

Yeah the bass is there basically to make everything else sound good. Bass solos are not needed. I'm sure there are some out there though.

Décadent said:
Also not a bass solo but Stargazer has some of the most impressive bass work I can name. Uploads pending...

and you know that my good man :kickass:

Darkthrone's Sempiternal Sepulchrality' has a bass solo, but its pretty hard to hear whats actually going on.
Theres also a bass solo on Metallica's 'Orion'.
Thats all i can think of right now.

Actually there's something of a bass solo in Sadistik Exekution's Battered to Buggery. It's off Fukk II.

Those uploads are still pending. Please hold for public service announcement.

-Demonium- said:
Darkthrone's Sempiternal Sepulchrality' has a bass solo, but its pretty hard to hear whats actually going on.
Theres also a bass solo on Metallica's 'Orion'.
Thats all i can think of right now.

i love that bass bit on orion
i also loved it when they played segements of their 3 instrumetnals live, like a sorta medly

yea stargazer was the only thing that immediately came to mind for me as well (look guys i know about trendy metal)

swizzlenuts said:
That is what hooked me, Ye old Magicks is my favorite song.

:headbang: :headbang:

Fuck yeh bro
One will always feast is one of my personal favs
as well as ...of the sun :kickass:

damn it...everyone get a stargazer album :kickass:

Spectacular Views said:
yea stargazer was the only thing that immediately came to mind for me as well (look guys i know about trendy metal)

Trendy?

Stargazer live > Stargazer recorded. Insomniate Vortex is a fucking sight to behold.

sg1.jpg

Décadent said:
Trendy?

Stargazer live > Stargazer recorded. Insomniate Vortex is a fucking sight to behold.

sg1.jpg

ah dude i cant wait to see them fuckers live :kickass: