• B

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • C

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

JakeAC5253

Frozen Sun Audio
Nov 19, 2010
I've really been grinding bass tones lately as I've felt it's the final link in the chain for me that "works" but hasn't been perfected to my desires. Here is a shootout that I made up using three different bass tones in the mix. Choose which you like best and vote on it please. All other mix aspects are exactly the same, the only difference you hear is bass mixing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think C filled out and sat in the mix the mix the best. A was a close second and B seemed to step on the rest of the mix just a little too much in my opinion.

C has more eargasm.

It was very close between B & C for me.

It seems the kick and the bass gel just a tad better at the very first double kicking part (however, very subtle). Like a wall of sound

Well C sounded best for the mix. A... I don't think I heard bass in there? :D Overall I would low cut those guitars way more since 80% of the time when bass tone isn't working it's because of other instruments. Guitar low cut somewhere between 90hz-150hz depending on the tuning. If it's still not cutting then lower the guitar low frequencies a whole lot. No one will hear these instruments separate and the bass low end is a million times better than any distorted guitar low end. :)

I'd go with C, seems to give the mix some depth, it sounds nice plus notes are very audible.

B and C are best, but neither are quite there. You have a lot of resonant notes which jump out of the mix, and you haven't used the full extent of the spectrum available to you. There's a lot of lower midrange and mid-bass clutter going on.