Bathory strangeness...

Jaar-Gilon

Cuntaminated Cock Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Lacertine Forest
on my copy of "under the sign of the black mark" the track listing on the back is as follows:
Side Darkness:
Nocternal Obeisance
Massacre
Woman of Dark Desires
Call From the Grave
Equimanthorn

Side Evil:
Enter the Eternal Fire
Chariots of Fire
13 Candles
Of Doom...

i put it into my computer like this and when i played Massacre, Woman of Dark Desires started to play. there is no lyrics for Nocternal Obeisance in the booklet but there are vocals at the end of it. i seem to have lost massacre alltogether but still have 9 songs on there, and Of Doom... goes for 29 seconds and it has at least 3 minutes worth of lyrics in the booklet. can someone please explain to me what the fuck is wrong with this fucking cd as i think my brain is going to explain
Cheers, the most confused person in the world

You have one of the new re-releases (2003/2004 with WWW addresses on them.) They've fucked up the tracklists on several of them, in your case it means that the intro, "Nocturnal Obeisance," and "Massacre" is one track. So:

1. Nocturnal Obeisance/Massacre
2. Woman of Dark Desires

On my Hammerheart, which is the only one I have of the new editions, they've put "Song to Hall Up High" and "Home of Once Brave" in one track and failed to reflect this in the track listing. They've also fucked up the artwork, etc, but I digress...

Because, as on all other pre-"Twilight..." Bathory releases, there's an unlisted outro which is just a bunch of noise for 29 seconds. The true tracklist for the re-release is:

1. Nocternal Obeisance/Massacre
2. Woman of Dark Desires
3. Call From the Grave
4. Equimanthorn
5. Enter the Eternal Fire
6. Chariots of Fire
7. 13 Candles
8. Of Doom...
9. Outro