Recent purchases..

Halford - Live Insurrection. Fucking AWESOME album. I cant believe how intense it is, and how perfect the Metal God's shrieks are!! Beyond the Realms Of Death and Light Comes Out Of Black are a couple standout trax on there. I feel like a moron for not getting this one sooner, especially since I prefer Halford outside of Priest (Fight, and Halford - not that Two shit). Liked it so much, I paid the ungodly sum of $34.95 for a longsleeve of the album on robhalford.com!!

Lacuna Coil - Comalies. Still waiting for Century Media to get their shit together and ship the fucker. I paid with guaranteed funds, so why the delay? It doesnt take Amazon.com half an eternity to get shit into the mail. Fuckers. At least I didnt pay with a check. Thats a fucking nightmare and a half with those guys.

Whitesnake - Slip Of The Tongue. I won this on ebay for a whopping six cents! I know a bunch of you are gonna make fun of me and say it isnt even worth that, but fuck ya. I'm a fan.

Originally posted by Vienyard
Whitesnake - Slip Of The Tongue. I won this on ebay for a whopping six cents! I know a bunch of you are gonna make fun of me and say it isnt even worth that, but fuck ya. I'm a fan.
Hey man, well worth every penny. Well, almost. :D

Originally posted by MURAI
Yeah Cold are nu-metal but I dont know if you can call them "the most nu-metal band" exactly. They do better than most other nu-metal bands lyrics like "MY GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME SO I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE". Truely teen angst nu-metal is shit like Papa Roach. :puke: A few songs on that record was sort of slow and boring but most of it was pretty moving.

I like Cold too. Well some stuff. They aren't very talented but I can get into the music.

Originally posted by NAD
Damn, this one slipped by me! What is it anyhow? Live tracks? Bonus tracks?

he originally wrote and recorded 25 songs for the Degradation Trip album, but roadrunner were assholes and only let him release a 1 disc version with 14 of the 25 songs. that disc came out in June. this version, Vol. 1 & 2 is a 2CD set that has all 25 songs in the tracklisting that Jerry wanted. it was released about a month ago through roadrunner.

Ok, just got back from Vintage Vinyl, the greatest actual store I've ever seen in the States, where I decided to spend some of my hard-gifted XMas cash. Here's what the nets brought in:

Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery (yes, it was 'bout time I actually *bought* this album)
Adorned Brood - Hiltia
Vanaheim - Helter og kongers fall
Axamenta - Codex Barathri
Valar - Magic and Wyrmfire
Allegiance - Hymns Of Blod
Cadacross - Corona Borealis
Cathedral - The VIIth Coming
Graveland - Memory And Destiny
Kataklysm - Shadows & Dust
Meridian - The Seventh Sun
Mithras - Forever Advancing...Legions (I'm told this is the British equivalent to Nile, only with ancient Rome as the canvass for their epic, brutal death art)
Myrkskog - Superior Massacre
Taetre - Divine Misanthropic Madness
Vinterriket - ...und die Nacht kam schweren Schrittes (bought on a whim; the little description in the store said something like "67+ minutes of atmospheric metal in the vein of early Mortiis & Burzum, so I gave it a shot)

Thoughts?

Originally posted by svenske kocken
Christian Kjellvander (amazing stuff! Check it out!)
Tool - Lateralus
Mastodon - Remission
Unanimated - In The Forest Of The Dreaming Dead
Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
Absu - Tara

hm what's "Christian Kjellvander" is it something similar to mister cedermark smiling so malignantly on your avatar? :)

New ones for me (since I burn cds more than buy 'em nowadays):

Dark Tranquility - Haven
Crisis - The Hollowing

Damnit...being broke sucks.

Originally posted by DEEK
he originally wrote and recorded 25 songs for the Degradation Trip album, but roadrunner were assholes and only let him release a 1 disc version with 14 of the 25 songs. that disc came out in June. this version, Vol. 1 & 2 is a 2CD set that has all 25 songs in the tracklisting that Jerry wanted. it was released about a month ago through roadrunner.
Actually I checked up on what it was after I read your post, already ordered from bn.com :) Thanks!

in the mail:

Spock's Beard/V
Holst/The Planets (performed by the Montreal Symphonic Orchestra)
Yes/Union
Notre Dame De Paris/Acte I
Pink Floyd/The Wall
Symphony X/Divine Wings Of Tragedy:yuk:
Angra/Holy Land:yuk:

and recently bought:
Dark Angel/Darkness Descends:devil:

I got for Christmas...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Bill Hicks - Dangerous
Sepultura - Chaos A.D.
The (International) Noise Conspiracy - A New Morning, Changing Weather
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Bad Religion - The New America (hey, I wanted to complete my BR collection)
Alice in Chains - Sap

The only one that kinda sucked was the AiC...but I got that to complete my AiC collection as well.

Originally posted by Hatebreeder33
The only one that kinda sucked was the AiC...but I got that to complete my AiC collection as well.
No way! You didn't like that one? Did you like Jar of Flies?

Originally posted by NAD
No way! You didn't like that one? Did you like Jar of Flies?

Yeah, Jar of Flies was really good. Sap doesn't suck, but it's still good but it still kinda sucks.