Batman arrested for assault; Rachel Dawes not available for comment

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Bale, 34, attended a police station after it was reported his mother and sister had reported him to police.

The alleged incident was believed to have taken place on Sunday night at Park Lane's Dorchester Hotel where Bale is staying.

His mother Jenny, 61, and sister Sharon, 40, are said to have gone to a police station in Hampshire to make the allegation, which was subsequently referred to the Metropolitan Police.

A Met Police spokesman said: "A 34-year-old man attended a London Police Station on Tuesday by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault.

"He currently remains in custody."

Despite the alleged incident and report, Bale was allowed to attend the first European screening of the new Batman blockbuster The Dark Knight in London's West End on Monday night uninterrupted.

Bale was joined on the red carpet by Maggie Gyllenhaal, who plays love interest Rachel Dawes, and Sir Michael Caine who plays Bruce Wayne's faithful butler and father figure Alfred.

The film took a record $158.3 million in its opening weekend at the US box office overtaking Spiderman 3, which took $151.1 million.

Interest in the film has increased because of the death of Heath Ledger.

His performance as Batman's arch nemesis The Joker, has been widely tipped by critics, as well as Caine, to receive a posthumous Oscar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...an-Bale-arrested-over-assault-allegation.html

Who gives a shit

Edit: I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal did a poor job playing Rachel Dawes. I like whoever played her in Batman Begins better

reported by his own mother and sister. sad. :p

mathias you mean katie holmes

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/07/dark-knight-chr.html
Attorneys representing "The Dark Knight" star Christian Bale have released a statement on their client's arrest Tuesday morning for assault charges.

"Christian Bale attended a London police station today, on a voluntary basis, in order to assist with an allegation that had been made against him to the police by his mother and sister.

"Mr. Bale who denies the allegation, co-operated throughout, gave his account in full of the events in question, and has left the station without any charge being made against him by the police.

"At this time, there will be no further comment by Mr. Bale."

So unless mum and sis are talking, we may never know what this was all about.

Bale is a notoriously private actor, and I'm betting this mystery will never be fully solved.

Families are complicated, sibling relationships are tricky and childhood stuff never really goes away. Just ask Bruce Wayne.

I agree. Maggie Gyllanhaal wasn't that great. Katie Holmes was better. Do you think all of this crap with Christian Bale is a publicity stunt, so he won't be so upstaged by Heath Ledger? He was fucking awesome.

I agree. Maggie Gyllanhaal wasn't that great. Katie Holmes was better. Do you think all of this crap with Christian Bale is a publicity stunt, so he won't be so upstaged by Heath Ledger? He was fucking awesome.

I don't think he's that stupid

IMO-all this Darknight hoopla-shit is Nirvana at its best. Take a good band at best, throw in a suicide / death and some controversy and boom, you have something that is blown way out of proportion and will get way more credit than it will ever deserve. I actually like Heath Ledger and he was great in one of my alltime faves The Patriot . He should have taken better care of himsself and his lifestyle...he had a child to look after for Christ sakes!

I hear all the reviews and box office numbers and still won't see it. I have never been into glorified cartoon / comic book movies. The only one that was real good was Sin City!

..and low and behold you're from Sin City Nev, where the passion runs deep and crime never takes a holiday.:)
I seriously didn't see that prior to my "Sin City" props.

The town itself is awesome. There's so much to do 24/7, plus it's one of the few cities in the u.s not suffering from the recession. I haven't really met anyone to hang out with yet though.

I moved here from Daytona Beach, Florida, but I'm origionally from Ohio.

Do you know when the new sin city movie is coming out? Didn't Frank miller direct it and Batman?