Batman arrested for assault; Rachel Dawes not available for comment

Look, I'm not a movie buff, nor do I personally give a shit about hype or incidents surrounding works, and I sure as hell have no soft spot for superhero bullshit. There's not a single superhero movie I've been that I've ever liked, but I did like Nolan's Batman movies, especially The Dark Knight, and especially due to Heath Ledger's performance. I honestly do not give a flying fuck that he died, that makes no difference to me, and I wouldn't think that his performance was any less stellar if he was alive today without incident. But the fact is that he captured the essence of that character in such an evocative way that he simply dominated the screen whenever he was there. Nolan's Batman movies, and especially this one, are truly GOOD movies in their own right. They're not good superhero movies, they're just fucking good movies, period. Fuck the hype, fuck the irrelevant side incidents, just watch the movie for what it is.

Look, I'm not a movie buff, nor do I personally give a shit about hype or incidents surrounding works, and I sure as hell have no soft spot for superhero bullshit. There's not a single superhero movie I've been that I've ever liked, but I did like Nolan's Batman movies, especially The Dark Knight, and especially due to Heath Ledger's performance. I honestly do not give a flying fuck that he died, that makes no difference to me, and I wouldn't think that his performance was any less stellar if he was alive today without incident. But the fact is that he captured the essence of that character in such an evocative way that he simply dominated the screen whenever he was there. Nolan's Batman movies, and especially this one, are truly GOOD movies in their own right. They're not good superhero movies, they're just fucking good movies, period. Fuck the hype, fuck the irrelevant side incidents, just watch the movie for what it is.

Well said.

I trust this man.

Jack Nicholson is a great actor, and sexy for an older gentleman, but I like Heath Ledger's interpretation of the Joker better. He's actually scary, like a bad guy should be. Tim Burton's Batman Movies were for kids, the new ones are for adults. I think they should have made it R rated though.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet (pardon me if I'm wrong) but, Gawd,two face was fucking sick!

naw, the tv series with the amazingly cool POW! and BAM! special effects was for kids.

its 2 different jokers so stop comparing you idiots. Burton's and Nolan's batman's are made in 2 completely different ways

anyone who thinks jack nicholson is 'meh' should stop watching movies, there's no fucking way you can accuse him of 'always playing jack' or whatever because that just doesn't stack up against the variety of his performances. the passenger (his best film imo), five easy pieces, chinatown, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, about schmidt - yeah he stamps his personality on all of these roles (like any good actor would), but they all have their own subtleties and differences

Anybody who denies Nicholson's acting ability is a fucking cock jockey. He is one of the greatest actors to have ever lived. With that said, I don't know if he could have captured the Joker as Ledger did. Obviously not now, he's too old, but I'm not quite sure even in his younger days. That is not to say by any means that Heath Ledger was a better actor (which is by no means true), but I think that this particular performance and interpretation would be nearly impossible to top, for me personally.

I enjoy theaters. Except for the first 20 minutes of every movie I see in a theater I always worry that sometime in the movie I will have to go to the bathroom.

Burton's Batman movies made me want to tear my eyes out. Seriously, I don't see how you can say that Dark Knight sucked.