Battery + Nuendo = How the hell does one create a drum track?

Nitronium Blood

UM BOARDS' JESTER
Dec 28, 2001
Marchin' up and down the scqaiya.
Visit site
I mostly doodle around with Adobe Audition. I'm used to adding the crappy included 'loopology' loop files [.cel] to the multitrack and jamming/recording along to said crappy loop files.

I need something more.

I recently downloaded the Battery trial from the NI website. I also have a few battery kits [.kit].

Battery is not supported in Adobe Audition. VST in AA is useless.

Now I have no way of figuring out how exactly the heck one goes about creating a drum track via Battery.

I hear a lot of great things about Nuendo and/or Cubase SX.

Can someone please tell me how one would go about creating a drum track with Battery as a VST plugin within Nuendo or Cubase or whatever it is you personally use?

Thank you.

Yep. The manual pretty much made me a Cubase wiz over the course of a week. It's not very hard at all. Everything is categorized properly and you can just bring up all the relevant MIDI programming stuff.

Nuendo would be overkill, and not worth the extra $$$ for your intents and purposes. Cubase SX is geared towards music, while Nuendo is geared towards multimedia, with the extra cost going towards video formats and higher surround channel counts.
I should also mention that any MIDI sequencer with VST support should be able to handle Battery. Adobe Audition is primarily a wave editor, and the VSTi implementation isn't very comprehensive, but there's some good hosts out there for cheap.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
RTFM :)

(Read the F***in' Manual)

Fuck bro!! we should do a thread on the 5 worst music manuals. My vote goes to the brothers at Yamaha. Who hires these people to write them? If you don't know your shit, then you're screwed because figuring out the instruction manual for the Motif was like reading braille with gloves. Then you go to the online forum and have to wait for 24 hours to get an answer that makes you realize you asked the wrong question in the first place.

I mean how hard is it to do an extra 2 or 3 tutorials to save the user hours of reading useless crap like Modes and scenes etc...instead why not be at least like, "look, novice bitch: press this, this and that to do this. Then to do that then hit this button. Then if you want to combine the two then quit your day job and figure it out yourself bitch."

Fuck bro that Motif reminds me of my ex-girlfriend, just hella the perfect added element at the right time in the right doses, but then when you're with her too much and start trying to get all serious she just fucks me over.

Sorry for foul language but I'm venting. :hotjump: