Drums Multi Track Editing Workaround Nuendo/Cubase

Hi Plec, I recently had to work in PT a couple of days, first it was a PITA, way less intuitive and straight forward than Nuendo, but after some time it was quite ok. And I can second that - BD makes booring things way faster! I do prefer editing by hand a lot but you know these 16th kickdrum parts ... Lining up those hits by hand takes a long time. In BD its just 5 clicks and some manual checking after that.

Do you have a PT Le installation on your DAW? I mean - I do have an M-Box powered PT LE in my studio, sitting on an old PC, used only for importing stuff. The only workflow which would save time in the end would be a PT instalation on my main DAW, so I can bounce some tracks/passages in Nuendo, exporting a Midi-File with the tempotrack, importing to PT, BD-ing the shit out of some passages, consolidating, importing back into Nuendo. ... Just thinking about a way to do it...

Brandy

Hey there Christoph! Wazzup mate? All great I hope...

I have no ambition of running PT on my main rig since I want to have a minimum amount of stuff going on there. I have a PT LE and M-Box on my laptop that I usually carry with me. I just bounce the drum tracks using the consolidation "bounce" feature and just find them in the "audio" folder, copy them to an external drive and move everything to the laptop. Set up the PT session and import everything and then away we go. Same procedure for getting the files back to my main DAW. If it's like 10-12 songs, just handling files is about an hour.

Just as a footnote: Instead of searching for your audio files inside the audio folder after consolidation, you can simply select the audio regions within your main edit window and hit Ctrl + Shift + K. That will 'Export regions as files' and let you save them wherever you want. Makes transport between Steinturd DAWs fairly easy.

Hey there Christoph! Wazzup mate? All great I hope...

I have no ambition of running PT on my main rig since I want to have a minimum amount of stuff going on there. I have a PT LE and M-Box on my laptop that I usually carry with me. I just bounce the drum tracks using the consolidation "bounce" feature and just find them in the "audio" folder, copy them to an external drive and move everything to the laptop. Set up the PT session and import everything and then away we go. Same procedure for getting the files back to my main DAW. If it's like 10-12 songs, just handling files is about an hour.

Hi Plec, thanks for explaining! Sounds like I would do it too. Was just asking, because I am a bit paranoid about "too much stuff" on my DAW as well. I still have to email you about the Sacrificium drums, I did not forgot, there was just no time, haha! Will do that ASAP....

Brandy