Battle of the Bands Quarter Final 6: Megadeth Vs Dio

The Deth Vs The Dwarf

• Megadeth

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Dio

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This ones hard, real hard. 2 of my absolute fav's.
I want to go with Dio, but Megadeth rules.. but then there's Risk.

I can't decide.. :s

Dio, Deth are great, but in the end (IMHO), Dio has more classic albums than Deth do.

Megadeth are in my top 5 bands ever. It has to be them :)

Plus, I don't like Dream Evil and Lock Up The Wolves very much by Dio. Wolves has some good tracks but Dream Evil is just boring I think. And I haven't even heard Angry Machines or Strange Highways.

I like a lot from Dream Evil. I don't really like anything on Wolves, except the title song.

Megadeth has "In My Darkest Hour", one of the greatest songs ever. And they have "Cryptic Writings", one of the greatest albums ever. And they had three of the greatest guitarists ever in Mustaine, Friedman and Pitrelli.

The easiest one so far
DIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the voice of metal!

I've never really gotten into Megadeth despite having Peace Sells on vinyl

Of course he voted for Dio, I remember at the Megadeth concert Coops spent the whole time screaming for Dave to get off the stage and "bring on Dio" ;)

Originally posted by Spiff
Megadeth has "In My Darkest Hour", one of the greatest songs ever. And they have "Cryptic Writings", one of the greatest albums ever. And they had three of the greatest guitarists ever in Mustaine, Friedman and Pitrelli.

Heh - having seen that I would say that I would almost just vote for any band Mr Pitrelli has been in!

Now where did that copy of CPR go too...

Originally posted by spawn
Of course he voted for Dio, I remember at the Megadeth concert Coops spent the whole time screaming for Dave to get off the stage and "bring on Dio" ;)

hmmm... I don't remember that... was it before or after we were mobbed by hordes of women wanting to do bad things to us??? :lol:

Originally posted by Cooperman

hmmm... I don't remember that... was it before or after we were mobbed by hordes of women wanting to do bad things to us??? :lol:

:lol: Im not entirely sure, I was too busy trying to convince them to do badder things to me at the time :D

This is a hard one. I think I will go with Megadeth, as they are one of my fav bands, but damn Dio also rules!

'Dream Evil' and 'Lock Up The Wolves' aren't the best, but they have their moments. 'Strange Highways' on the other hand, is an awesome album, and probably one of Dio's best. 'Angry Machines' is probably his worst...