• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Ok, a new day, a new Poll.
It looks as though Megadeth will kick Pantera's ass back to Texas or wherever the fuck they come from :)

This time, it is Kiss up against Van Halen. This is purely coincidental that these 2 ended up against each other, because I thought that they would be a good match up, but they were both pulled out of a hat for round 2.

My vote goes with Van Halen for this one. I think that as musicians, Eddie and the boys win hands down. Eddie was a huge influence on many of the current axe grinders, and to that, I am thankfull.
Honerable mentions must go to:
Right Now
Eruption
Running with the Devil
Panama
Why Cant this be Love
Dreams

Plus others that I could not be bothered remembering at this point in time!

I should also point out how this thing is going to work. When half the bands are eliminated and we get down to the nitty gritty, there is going to be an odd number of bands left. In that case, the band that won the previous round by the biggest margin, will automatically go through to the next round. If 2 bands both end up with the same margin, I will flip a coin to see who goes through.
Does anyone else here think that I have thought about this far too much?

Ohh.... And I thought of a few more bands, so there will probably be more than 10 initial rounds. This could go for some time.

Kiss :)

As musicians, Van Halen definitely, although Bruce, Eric, Eric and Vinnie are certainly not too shabby. But...

1. Kiss are more consistent imo and more hard rocking. VH are very patchy with good/bad albums.

2. Kiss' greatness is about so much more than just the music. It's about the live show, the excitement, the image, the attitude, the culture... etc. And the songs are the type of songs that get you excited and have memories attached to them and can really inspire people or lift their spirits.

KISS!

The only thing Van Halen ever had going for them was David Lee Roth. Although, yeah, OK, there were a few great songs with Sammy, and I only got to see them when Gary Cherone was with em.

The main thing VH had going for them was Eddie himself, the greatest guitarist ever! :headbang:

That first album is the most important album for metal guitar ever in my opinion. Think 1978, who the hell else was playing the way Eddie shredded his fingers off on that! Nobody!

KISS gets my vote (no surprises there!). Much as I like VH, KISS have had more of an impact on my life.

Besides, Van Halen would never have got a break without Gene Simmons. Who do you think produced their first demo, hmmmm? ;).

W

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
I think that as musicians, Eddie and the boys win hands down.

No one here would deny you that, but my vote still goes to Kiss. :)

Hahahah Wrathy :lol:

I sure know something, all hell will break loose if Van Halen win, which they are at the moment. Kiss just have that magic touch which can't be matched by any band. A certain charisma about them, and its a million to one you'll find a better live band. I had great expectations that Kiss would win this poll but I'm not so sure now.