Battle of the bands - Round 2, match 6

Which band do you like better?

• Dark Tranquillity

Votes: 49 92.5%
  • Einherjer

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well not going with the flow but I have more DT cds than Einherjer's an I have seen DT live
and even tho I love Einherjer's lyrics I love DT as a whole

Originally posted by FailingAcension
DT!
party028.gif

omg!
confused-smiley-013.gif

jesus, 50 votes? :eek:
where are all these people coming from? :confused: the dt board??
if so, they're very welcome to vote for dt, as long as it's not against opeth :p

jokes aside, i'm afraid this (democratically, though) will false the results. even if not in this particular case, lol.

Originally posted by mourningstar
jesus, 50 votes? :eek:
where are all these people coming from? :confused: the dt board??
if so, they're very welcome to vote for dt, as long as it's not against opeth :p

jokes aside, i'm afraid this (democratically, though) will false the results. even if not in this particular case, lol.

Yup, they are coming from the DT board :)

Originally posted by Steve420
Yup, they are coming from the DT board :)
well, in all honesty i don't think it's a great idea to call all the friends to vote for your favourite band. i know everyone on um has the right to vote, but you can understand very well that here in the chat section we have what we can consider a representative sample - not being any particular band's board - and that's why we can have a contest like this one nafnikufesin is doing without having an obvious winner.
it's clear that having here half of the voters from a single board voting only when their favourite band is involved alters the results, and i don't think it's something nice to do if you consider that here there are people who use to vote for every match of every round expecting to have a trustworthy result.
obviously i'm not saying dt fans cannot vote (every time we vote we do it because we're fans of this or that band); what i'm saying is that i don't consider fair to tell other people to come here and vote. we're not doing some lobbying. it would be easy for everyone to ask all the people on a certain forum to come here and vote for their band, but that's not what we've been doing, i don't think this is the "vote for the band with the biggest/ best/ full of jerks able to click on the mouse fans".

i'm sorry if i seemed a bit rude, but i really didn't like that. enjoy the competition.