Battle of the Bands Round 9: ACDC Vs Opeth

ACCA DACCA Vs Opeth

• ACDC

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Opeth

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have delayed my vote on this cause I really dont know who to go for.
I mean, I have been a fan od ACDC for as long as I can remember, and Opeth are pretty new to me, but I have never, and will never hear ACDC write anything as remotly intense as To Bid You Farewell.
Angus is a Legend, Bon is a legend.... I love a shitload of ACDC songs....... Let There Be Rock is a killer............
I still dont know who to go for. I might put on Blackwater Park and listen to it's incredibly detailed and complex passages..... and then whack on Hard as a Rock for comparison :lol:

This was a close one... so close that I just voted, but now can't remember who I picked :(

"Morningrise" is one of the all-time greats, but AC/DC have a bunch of killer tracks, even if they all sound the same half the time. So I'm guessing I went with AC/DC. Or maybe I went with Opeth.

Just remembered some more bands for you to include, Sprucey - In Flames, Gamma Ray, Rush, Fates Warning, Stratovarius... oh, and Savatage, but I mentioned them last night.

AC/DC. No contest at all really. No other band can fill make so many albums out of only 4 open chords used in different ways, and still have 9863205472630523 memorable riffs and classic songs.

I love opeth, but still cannot distinguish between songs or albums.

Who in the hell is Opeth never heard of then sound like balck metal crap bt the name ..........but one should judge books bt the cover mmmm....

Just went to a site Rock Dector had a bit of a read up on the band , luv their 1998 Release title " My Arms , Your Hearse " sure it was'nt Horse ............

Originally posted by PattonFan
Maybe I should get some of the Opeth regulars to vote here. :mad:

:lol: Please don't.
I don't think Mark could afford that sort of extra bandwidth. ;)