Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Even though there's still another 24 hours left in the other semifinal, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Opeth has booked a ticket in this weekend's final. Today's match should be a tiny bit closer:

Anthrax vs. Emperor! Anthrax held of Immortal and Borknagar before beating At The Gates 61-53 in the quarterfinals. Emperor had close victories over Amon Amarth and Morbid Angel before just edging out Dark Tranquillity 81-79 (geez, remember back in the first round when scores were like 9-7 or 11-2 :lol: ).

Who do you like better and why?

For the benefit of those that haven't heard the bands before, feel free to post recommended songs to listen to in order to sway the voting.

This poll will close in 48 hours.

I'll vote for Emperor on this one
They were flawless when I saw them live and you gotta respect that from a band

I can't vote on this one. Anthrax should have retired long ago, but I don't particulalrly like Emporor either.

Someone care to "buy" my vote? :p

How much are you selling it for :D

As for Anthrax retiring, I hope they don't do it anytime soon. They lost a lot of fans when Joey left, but IMO his voice was the weak link in the band, and John complements their sound perfectly. I'm stoked about the new album!!!

Anthrax all the way baby!

For you undecided between Anthrax and Emperor I suggest a couple of listens :
Anthrax - Among the Living, Persistence of Time and We've come for you all ... all three heavier than any Emperor album.

Peace!

Reactions: nafnikufesin
again never heard of this band emperor.so my vote is 4 anthrax.even if i did hear of emperor,id still vote 4 anthrax.1 of my favorite bands

:puke:<---- Emporer
well guardian... unfortunately thats ur oppinion...
ive never heard of at the gates or emporer either, and the last battle (Anthrax vs At The Gates) i even took the time to d/l an atg song and theres no way they come close to Anthrax

anyway.. Anthrax has my vote (as always)

The Poll is already closed?

We need rematches for the two activepolls. This one only gets 30 votes then downtime and closed, and the other one... I had a plan! I recruited posters!
No, I'm not obsessed with this.

Steve

Ok, maybe it isn't closed, it just said that before I logged in. It says I already voted, but the result hasn't changed. We do need rematches, the new software is screwy.