Battle of the Bands Songs

IBBIAZ

New Metal Member
Dec 26, 2004
Hey guys....my band is going to enter the talent show in a few months.....and we'd like to do a Symphony X song......but the problem is, we're not Romeo/Pinnella material....so can any of you suggest songs that aren't too incredibly hard (solo-wise)? I'm not Blink 182 skilled, but I'm not fucking Petrucci over here, and he's not Rudess, so could you help me out?

I can kinda play the intro to Inferno, it's just kinda sloppy. :)

(I have only been playing for 2 1/2 years, mind you)

Inferno is actually fairly playable for the most part, it's just the solos that are tough.

i've been playing guitar for a year and a half!i practice 3 to 8 hours a day.i found inferno's intro pretty easy when i was practicing it,but goddamit the second solo is kinda untouchable .by the way yesterday i was trying to learn couple of shawn lane's licks but each of them i think is gonna take me at least 5 months to learn

control-denied777 said:
i've been playing guitar for a year and a half!i practice 3 to 8 hours a day.i found inferno's intro pretty easy when i was practicing it,but goddamit the second solo is kinda untouchable .by the way yesterday i was trying to learn couple of shawn lane's licks but each of them i think is gonna take me at least 5 months to learn

Shawn Lane is the best, such a shame he died...may his legacy live on.

BTW, does anyone have any of his videos and if so how are they?

whatever song you guys pick, make sure you get it down clean. nothings worse than hearing a band play a cover you know, and having them mess it all up.

ps. if you can ,try and get a recording of it,so if it comes out good,we can all hear it:)
good luck