Bay Area Thrash vs. Teutonic (German) Thrash

Which one would you prefer?

• Bay Area Thrash

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Teutonic (German) Thrash

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
That's my opinion pretty much, Rich. I do love Bay Area Thrash, but I can't help but hear how...mainstream it sounds to me. It's not something I hear with the Teutonic thrash scene.

@MetallicSlayerDeth:

The German scene has more of a darker sound to it, the Bay Area scene is very NWOBHM oriented, at least to my ears.

Then I'll vote for bay area:p Love both, but sometimes it's nicer to hear some crazy thrash with positive energy. As long as it get's you're head bangin, it's good.

I'd have still voted for 'Bay Area' - Simply because Metallica are Bay Area (though we all know they're not really, but yeah) and as much as people do the whole blah Metallica are shit thing, I still think their first 4 records are unreal.

I appreciate all of Metallica's work in one way or another (St. Anger is a different story), but I don't acknowledge black album and after as "metal." Aside from Metallica, I'm not going to jump at the chance to see Exodus, or Testament if they're coming to town, Sodom or Kreator? HELL YEAH I'LL GO!

I like the riffs, and the lyrics

Hate everything else about it. HATE! Like, with Black album, the Loads, and DM, I can tolerate the flaws, I can't tolerate St. Anger's flaws.

I like the riffs, and the lyrics

Hate everything else about it. HATE! Like, with Black album, the Loads, and DM, I can tolerate the flaws, I can't tolerate St. Anger's flaws.

It's probably their worst album, but with a band like Metallica that doesn't make it bad! It's got some quite good songs on there like The Unnamed Feeling. Load is awesome though!

I actually feel like listening to St Anger now!

:lol: The only abortion round here is St Anger... Jesus Christ, we queued up at midnight to buy it on day of release and went back to my friend's house and listened to it. 'Gutted' does not even begin to describe it. Even 'devestated' isn't close enough...

Quite liked DM though :)

Ah the days before internet leakings.

I hate how crappy magazines like Kerrang hyped it up, saying how it was Metallica's best album yet. Now they have the cheek to make jokes about how bad it is!

I hate how some people say it's awful, even though they haven't listened to it just because they've been told it's shit.