Be the local METAL REP for your region!

apoc_metal

Metalhead Extraordinaire
Apr 14, 2002
San Francisco, CA
writenothing.com
This is relevant for people who live in, or frequent the metal scenes of:
Boston, Seattle, Chicago, DC, Miami, Denver, Minneapolis, Philly, Atlanta, Portland, Raleigh, or Austin.
I'm working for a start-up mobile media company in Boston, and we're looking for people to be metal reps for their region, and to help us beta test the service.

Here is the rest of the spiel:

Locomobile Inc., a start-up mobile company, is looking for passionate Metal fans who follow the local scene and can write clear and concise weekly messages. This is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and help to build the metal community.

You will be asked to find out what is going on in Metal in your area and to craft weekly SMS text messages. As a writer/editor you will have the chance to connect with artists, make industry contacts and spread the word about bands in your region.

What you get:
Free merchandise or club passes (when available)
The chance to be creative
Music industry experience
Compensation for signing up customers
The opportunity to build the Metal community

Requirements:
A love of Metal and knowledge of the scene
Reliability
Good writing ability
Basic Web competence

Please reply with [Your City] METAL WRITER in the subject line (ie. BOSTON Metal Writer) to locometal@gmail.com

Include your resume/bio along with a list of your favorite bands and your favorite metal sources, as well as 2-3 sample text messages about the local Metal scene (1-2 sentences each).

Thanks for your help! :headbang:
NOTE: If your place of residence isn't listed above, still send us an email! We plan to expand to other markets and if there's enough interest, we may include some other places in the initial tests... This is especially true for places where craigslist ads were just too expensive, and so were skipped (New York, L.A., SanFran)

Life Sucks said:
Yeah. I live in Boston, but listen to primarily European (black/death) bands.

highfive.gif

id be interested in the denver job, but ill be living in co springs and wont have the experience in the scene required. if you still have the spot open in say, january, let me know
~gR~